So full of AWESOMENESS!!!

Passer-by pushes suicide jumper in south China

May 23, 2009 14:50 EDT

BEIJING (AP) -- A Chinese news report says a man heavily in debt was contemplating suicide on a bridge in southern China for hours when a passer-by came up, shook his hand -- and pushed him off the ledge.

The Xinhua News Agency says the man fell 26 feet onto a partially inflated emergency air cushion laid out by authorities and survived, suffering spine and elbow injuries.

The report says the passer-by was fed up with what he called the man's "selfish activity." Traffic around the bridge had been backed up for five hours and police had cordoned off the area.

"I pushed him off because jumpers like Chen are very selfish. Their action violates a lot of public interest," Lai was quoted as saying by Xinhua. "They do not really dare to kill themselves. Instead, they just want to raise the relevant government authorities' attention to their appeals."

Photos in the Beijing Morning Post shows the passer-by, shoeless and in a T-shirt, saluting after pushing the man off the bridge.

The paper says the passer-by, who was taken into custody, was released on bail but did not give any details. It said he had been on medication for "a mental illness" for decades and had been on his way to a hospital for his pills.

------------------------------------------

I nearly spit my morning coffee out when I read this in my local paper, so I had to find the details on the net. I'm sorry if its a little callus, but its funny as hell. I love that he saluted the guy as he fell. I almost can hear him "See ya fucker, can we clear up this traffic now.!"