MAG gameplay

E3 09 Virtual Booth Tour: MAG

This is why I don't agree that respawn games take no skill. I've played CoD4 and Killzone, both respawn. Unless your playing just team deathmatch, there is always an objective. And if your team is not working together, it doesn't matter how many time you respawn. I've seen it first hand. And you can see it in this vid. His team got pushed back, no matter how many times they respawned.

Just because a game is non-respawn, doesn't always take skill either. I don't think there is any skill chucking a grenade half way across the map blindly, and get kills that way. More than half the time in those games, it ends up being a team death match game anyway. More than not, the game ends because the other team all was killed.

Respawn or not, this game looks and sounds amazing (from the description). Being able to delay the other teams spawn time and put static in their mics, that is cool as hell.

Someone needs to find out something about clan support.

what do you define as clan support?

cod style with only clan tags? or like KZ2 style with in game tourneys, leaderboards and statistics? like that? i mean from the scale of the game it must have some support i mean if no support then whats the point?

Playing MAG with a group of randoms sounds like a real recipe for headaches. I doubt the game, any game really, can compensate for the number of idiots and assholes found in online console gaming. Giving people bonus xp for crashing assigned objectives is a good plan, but what happens when platoon leaders or squad leaders think their commanders are making the wrong calls? They won't care about the XP, they'll go do what they want, then the whole thing falls apart. And if you can vote out your commanders...I see a new breed of griefers.

Playing MAG with a group of friends, however, could kick a lot of ass. I think it'll depend on the tools the players are given, tanks, air drops, air strikes, etc... and how those tools actually work in the game. If it's a shallow version of rock paper scissors, or if their is an unrealistic strength in things like chopper spawns or enemy bases, I think the game will fall apart quickly, like battlefield bad company did. If the tools have depth and a lot of replayability, this game could be the new standard for multiplayer console shooters.

And on that note, has the idea of a UF coalition been talked about yet? I can't think of another group of clans and shooters I'd rather play MAG with. And not a one of us could field a whole side by ourselves.