John Adams - HBO Mini Series

Who watched this..?

I am just finishing it up today, & i have to say it has been of the best shows i have ever watched.!!

Totally makes you feel proud to be American (even though i haven't been that proud lately) It makes you realize what this country was meant to be.. and you see many differences in what it has become.

One thing that just struck me funny is that for the 3rd election.. Adams, & Jefferson are talking about what to do with the tie between Jefferson & Burr (i think it was) and they Say "Well if you give a speech it might sway a few votes, then there will be no more tie", & they both agree that wouldn't be right, they want to win without influence..

Boy how times have changed.. lol

Back then they wanted what was truly best for the country, now they just want to win at all cost. sad actually.

Another great thing about the show is it goes through the period of when they were thinking up the declaration.. then it gets signed.. then they show the inauguration of General Washington (The original George W) it is very cool.

I'm not sure everyone will like it, but if any of what i have just posted sounds remotely intriguing.. check it out.!!!

It on DVD, i got it thru Netflix.

3 discs

8 - 1:15 min Episodes

I still have the final episode to watch tonight..

Anyone who has already seen it post up, & tell me what you think.

Oh yea they show all of that too..

Ben Franklin in Europe, Jefferson, & Adams in France.

The series starts in 1770, and goes thru 1826. I'm guessing 1826 (im just starting the final episode now), since that is the year that both Jefferson & Adams died on the same day (July 4th, 50 year anniversary of the Declaration) do, do, do, do.. twilight zone-ish.