Will you be an 80 year old gamer?

Chili-Palmer ]

Oh no i fully understand.. its just that im pretty sure Northern CA is pretty similar to Northern MN.

Making Northern MN not the greatest place on earth, but one of many. ;D

Oh no you did not just go there!!! I highly doubt Northern Cali sees much that Minnesota has other than maybe an inch or two of snow in the mountains there.

Dude i just spent the last hour getting photos & links to all kinds of wilderness, & fishing, etc.. and then accidently hit the back button, & now its all gone. :'( :'( :'(

I just dont have the heart to look it all up again (i'll make a new thread later), but i will repost the text i started with.

You do know they had Winter Olympics in Lake Tahoe, right.?

And that the Donner party probably didn't die from 2 inches of snow. lmao

Prane ]
Chili-Palmer ]

Oh no i fully understand.. its just that im pretty sure Northern CA is pretty similar to Northern MN.

Making Northern MN not the greatest place on earth, but one of many. ;D

Oh no you did not just go there!!! I highly doubt Northern Cali sees much that Minnesota has other than maybe an inch or two of snow in the mountains there.

They call Northern MN the “Iron Range†and I can personally vouch for it NOT being the greatest place to live. Now if you’re talking visit then Hell yeah!.. some of the best Walleye and Pike fishing in the country.. pristine lakes and tons of cabin and recreational areas as well as most of the 10,000 lakes that are in the state.. but Live!! Not unless you are wealthy and retired. I stick to the big cities.

However just across the border in NorthEast North Dakota is one of the biggest boom areas in the country right now.. they discovered a way to extract oil from shale at a cost that is less then what you can sell the oil for.. its resulted in a large amount of over night millionaires that a only a year or so ago were farmers trying to work poor low grade soil.

p.s. an inch or two of snow is what they get in June in Northern MN.. Come January... well let's just say don't come here in January. LOL

So long as I am able, I will continue to be a gamer until I die.

I agree with the initial post. Most commerical level gaming came out in the mid-70's. I remember my first was from Radio Shack. It was PONG, matter of fact I still have it and it still works. The first controller had all the different game selections:

1. Single Player - Me moving one short white line to hit a square pixel against the AI (a large white stick).

2. Multi-player - Me and a friend using short white lines to hit a square pixel back and forth.

Of course there were several difficulty settings to keep the game play fresh:

1. Recruit - Large white sticks for those new to the game.

2. Soldier - Standard white sticks for those that want a challenge but not ready for the big time.

3. Veteran - Small white sticks for the true gamer needs more action.

From that point on, I was addicted to gaming. It's not just a hobby, it's a passion. Just like I have read, my kids have had a controller in their hands as soon as they showed interest. They will be saying their first experience was with the N64. What better cartoon or TV show to watch than the one that you can control the action. And the graphics just keep getting better and better. I remember when I thought Donkey Kong Jr. and then Karate Champ at the skating rink couldn't be topped.

ok let me expand on this for you both Chili and Goat. I don't plan on moving to the fucking mountains or anything. I plan on moving to a lakehouse out by Brainerd.(I assume only Goat is familiar with that area) Thats not really Northern Minnesota its more in the middle. Its a perfect location because I'm only 2 hours away from the Cities where all my family lives around yet still far enough away where its not too congested. Brainerd is big enough where I should be able to find a teaching job fairly easy. Oh and Goat I know what its like up by Roseau and Warroad, the more snow the better!! ;D

I still say I won't be an 80 year old gamer. I don't think I'll live that long and if I do I won't have a great memory so my grandkids can have me play the same level of socom over and over and over and over and over and over.

Fishing, traveling, etc will be good "vacation" get aways when I retire. However, as technology continues to advance, the portability of game systems will advance and I can envision there will be virtually no where you go that will not have the ability to attain global access to connect with all your "buds" for some multiplayer carnage.

Besides, I have friends that I have met through gaming online over the past several years that I look forward to having some time to meet up with in person to game with and have annual outtings at E3.

I see MAG at the forefront of this Massive Online Shooter "revolution." Whether it is fully successful or not with their ability to maintain some control and balance over global lag. I believe they will most definitely find that console gaming community will continue to support this expanded game play.

But no matter what, my plan is to continue to expand in gaming and share that excitement and enthusiasm that I have for it.

Prane ]

ok let me expand on this for you both Chili and Goat. I don't plan on moving to the fucking mountains or anything. I plan on moving to a lakehouse out by Brainerd.(I assume only Goat is familiar with that area) Thats not really Northern Minnesota its more in the middle. Its a perfect location because I'm only 2 hours away from the Cities where all my family lives around yet still far enough away where its not too congested. Brainerd is big enough where I should be able to find a teaching job fairly easy. Oh and Goat I know what its like up by Roseau and Warroad, the more snow the better!! ;D

I still say I won't be an 80 year old gamer. I don't think I'll live that long and if I do I won't have a great memory so my grandkids can have me play the same level of socom over and over and over and over and over and over.

A lakehouse out in Brainerd..!!! Dude I'm coming to visit!!!! 8)