Modern Warfare 2....Third Person Shooter?!!

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]
xRed0ctobeRx ]

It must be true, the leaked videos have been taken down.

It has been confirmed.

http://kotaku.com/5390491/modern-warfare-2s-third-person-mode-is-no-rumor

It will be certain playlists, not the entire game.

Acording to this articel, it will only be in 3rd person.

"When you're in a 3rd Person playlist you can't toggle in and out, you're always in 3rd person,"

How will that work with sniper rifles or just aiming down your sights? I mean, SOCOM is 3rd person but technically goes into 1st person when you aim.

xRed0ctobeRx ]

That goes for your Red Dot also. I thought about this last night, and I wonder how the hell is that going to work.

I almost think that maybe they should just stick to FPS. But who knows it might be bad ass.

I think it would be fine if it worked like SOCOM. Where you move extremely more slower and all you see is down the sight.

Why COD is not a "Tactical Shooter":

Respawn

Health Regen

I dont care about the view or perks or airstrikes. But the fact that it is respawn and that it has health regen takes 50% of the danger out of getting shot. When you want to run across the street and get hit and say "Ok, i need to sit here until im at full health again" that means you are getting further and further away from a realistic shooter. When you arent worried about dying as long as you take you man out with you because your going respawn again in 5 seconds then you again are changing the tactical aspect of the game away from reality.

A tactical shooter means that when you play, you do so similar to as if it was a real situation. Yes I am aware nobody plays like their life depended on it so please dont try and twist my words. But in shooters without respawn and health regen there is typically a larger amount of real time tactics used. Just my opinion but when I shoot someone 4 times and they dont die I should not have to shoot them 6 more times after they come back out from behind the wall. It should be 1 shot to finish off the kill, not starting the kill process all over again.

ShadowOfaSolja ]

Why COD is not a "Tactical Shooter":

Respawn

Health Regen

I dont care about the view or perks or airstrikes. But the fact that it is respawn and that it has health regen takes 50% of the danger out of getting shot. When you want to run across the street and get hit and say "Ok, i need to sit here until im at full health again" that means you are getting further and further away from a realistic shooter. When you arent worried about dying as long as you take you man out with you because your going respawn again in 5 seconds then you again are changing the tactical aspect of the game away from reality.

A tactical shooter means that when you play, you do so similar to as if it was a real situation. Yes I am aware nobody plays like their life depended on it so please dont try and twist my words. But in shooters without respawn and health regen there is typically a larger amount of real time tactics used. Just my opinion but when I shoot someone 4 times and they dont die I should not have to shoot them 6 more times after they come back out from behind the wall. It should be 1 shot to finish off the kill, not starting the kill process all over again.

you can make rooms without respawns.. that has already been discussed and we are aware that whith respawn it's less tactical..

the health issue. it takes 2-3 bullets on Harcore to kill you. with the better aiming and without the being able to dodge bullets like in socom.. regeneration doesnt count for shit... it takes more bullets to kill you in socom than to kill you in CoD hardcore. killing people in Cod is as really easy as long as you have good aim.