3rd MW2 patch.

It amazing to me how people play like this. It would ruin the game for me. For example: Say for some reason I purchased a bugged out game that gave me some sort of God mode after level 2. I would return the damn thing. I couldn't play it like that. It would get boring after about 5 minutes.

xViCaRiouSx ]

obviously people are missing the point as to why i think camping in a game you respawn when you die is dumb. but it doesn't suprise me.

I understand your "frustration".... But, let me put this out there.

Anybody that knows me knows I can "play the game". I can run and gun or sit and wait with the best of them (well, lets say the majority of them). Also, if you know me I'm more about my team winning than my individual room accomplishments.

If I play at a slower pace and go 17-4 (+ 13 ratio), you play at a fast pace and go 25-18 (+7 ratio) who has truly helped their "team" more to the victory? Don't even get me started on the knuckleheads that go 27-36 (-9 ratio) and finish at the top of the scoring listed thinking they did something special because in reality that team would have been better off if that guy never was even in the room.

My reasons for the change in gameplay style are to get my TEAM a victory (yup, even in open Team Deathmatch public rooms). But I do have to also agree with this: "6 - Because I can (I own the game)".

Don't get me wrong, I get frustrated too.....

CDBS14 ]

camping = noobie

I am sorry but 99 percent of the players on this game (the campers that is) do it to have a high KDR. Some might say you do it as a tactic' date=' but honestly most of the ones i hear that say that, do it because of KDR.

I dont camp and i already have 2.57 KDR, and last night i ranked 750 in kills, if you dont camp you rank up faster and have better stats, as well as you get to unlock gun attachments much faster.

When i play campers, simple, i use a WA2000 with thermal and heart beat sensor, i see if anyone camps with me holding that.

Oh please explain this to me. So based on your logic here those who camp would have a much higher KDR. Really?

as a ranger i cant comment on the camping thing. as much as i would love to. but most know my view on it.

and to reply to tools, yes those are on the PC... for now. the ps3 is basically now a computer, and since the ps3 lacks all but the most basic forms of anti-cheat, it wont be very long, if not already, that we see these.

and i wish to add

299863665797_0_0.jpg?outquality=56&ext=.jpg&255,255,255,1,0,0,0,0&squareoutput=255,255,255&border=1&size=300

Are you on Crack Cow? The PS3 is one of the most secure systems out there... 8)

While the PS3 is closed down like the gates at Fort Knox, hackers do occasionally find ways to breach the security of the system. Some hackers have tried to steal passwords, some have tried to destroy the PS3 due to their frustrations of failing, and others randomly do something stupid to make us all laugh. Sony finds out about these hacks, or “attempts†as it were, and immediately issue software updates to protect users like you and I. These updates help protect the PS3 from attacks and are required to access the PlayStation Network. When a PS3 logs into the PSN, it registers on the network with its firmware version. Having faulty firmware will get you banned from the PSN permanently and possibly trigger something to go wrong internally. Hacking the PS3 will also void your warranty and you will no longer be allowed to receive repairs. This final precaution is the 4th and final step Sony has taken to prevent the pirates from hacking your PS3.

http://rhyannefranz.wordpress.com/2009/01/14/why-ps3-is-hard-to-hack/

lol wow. i always had it in my head that it was much easier, something to do with getting the information the game puts on the harddrive and changing it there. if i remember there was a video of someguy hacking mw1 on the ps3 system that had MS on it as well. but i wont argue with that info xanthe.

*from what i read there that is specific the the psn and the ps3 OS. but not the game content.

Lol Cow... yeah the PS3's 7th cell processor Sony won't even allow video game makers to have access to, so unless a mole from within leaks that info out, it simply won't be an easy task to crack it. We haven't been overly impressed with Sony as of late, but I do give them props for their attention to security detail. ;)

Game content is different, people will always seek "glitches" in a game, but this is still a level playing field because unless you live under a rock, we all find out about them or can search for them on the internet. Anyone can perform a glitch, it's simply having the knowledge about them that makes them possible. That's why we're part of an amazing community that does everything to prevent "glitches" and the such from our tournament gameplay. :-*