So that's what 100 tons of explosives looks like...

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]

maybe 10 tons i doubt 100 tons... you realize just how much 100 tons is right? but regardless how much that is epic

The youtube clip said 100 tons... don't see why they'd lie about that. The info bar to the side states: Defense contractors detonating 100 tons of various explosive munitions.

Looks about right to me!

Xanthe ]
LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]

maybe 10 tons i doubt 100 tons... you realize just how much 100 tons is right? but regardless how much that is epic

The youtube clip said 100 tons... don't see why they'd lie about that. The info bar to the side states: Defense contractors detonating 100 tons of various explosive munitions.

Looks about right to me!

i believe it may be 100 tons.. the thing with this vid is that you cant see how far you really are from the explosion.. so it may look smaller in your eyes while they where actually miles away from the explosion!

ive seen a 20 ton explosion and it was a lil more spectacular then that. and does not 100 ton sound much more spectacular then a 10 ton? And where is it that one who knows nothing about explosives to know the difference? Im not normally the type to question these vids or care to.But when i see something obviously off imma say something. cool vid none the less

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]

ive seen a 20 ton explosion and it was a lil more spectacular then that. and does not 100 ton sound much more spectacular then a 10 ton? And where is it that one who knows nothing about explosives to know the difference? Im not normally the type to question these vids or care to.But when i see something obviously off imma say something. cool vid none the less

Could also be a case of varying types of explosives. No need to argue about a cool explosion either way.

Xanthe ]
LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]

Could also be a case of varying types of explosives. No need to argue about a cool explosion either way.

your right sorry mate just bugs me when ppl make videos with false titles.

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
Xanthe ]
LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]

True or false is still in question. I simply posted the title as posted on youtube. ;)

Xanthe ]
LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
Xanthe ]
LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]

True or false is still in question. I simply posted the title as posted on youtube. ;)

i know mate im talkin about them not you.

While I was in the Marines I dealt with explosive... I worked closely with EOD and explosive contractors over in afghanistan and Iraq.

It could possibly be 100 tons. I have seen a 100 ton blast that wasnt near that, it al depends on what the ordanence was.. For example. 10 tons of willy petes(white phos) wont make near a cool explosion as 10 tons of 500 pounds. An explosion like that was definatly more than likely a mixture of various explosions.

I have personally witnessed myself 20 tons blasts that would blow that video out of the water.With a blast like that, and the variation between the start of the shock(in the middle of blast, till it reaches the camera, was roughly 3.6 seconds(give or take), which based upon my calulation would make the blast about 3.5 miles from the camera...

Its still a cool thing, and the contractor said in the video "roughly 100 tons" more than likely could have been 75-80 tons..but either way the big thing is.............

IT IS AWSOME TO WATCH!!! and much better in PERSON!