new map pack problem

Ya know what... The maps are cool...

---HOWEVER---

One thing I noticed as I was downloading the maps- I clicked on "news" and there was a statement from March of 2006 that stated "new map packs to be released" "some with old maps and other brand new" "Keep an eye out over the next several months".... That was a year and a half ago and this is the quality I get?

Dont get me wrong- I was so excited I called and emailed my clan, went out and bought a new flash card (because I can not download it to my ps3) and played the maps!

This "map pack" which is a basic patch cost me 6 bucks and is broken... IF the maps played as smooth as they used to (I tend to get stuck now on edges on maps that used to be smooth on SC2), IF the demo maps worked (they work as long as NO ONE picks up the bomb lol), IF desert glory did not have a bug of constant grenade explosions (which no longer sound like background noise- They sound like a damn grenade going of next to you every 4 seconds) and IF the map packs came out about 6 months ago...

I may not have been so excited to TURN OFF SCCA AND TURN BACK ON MY COD4 GAME.... All I kept talking about was COD4 while playing with my guys tonight on socom- I am sure they got tired of it. lol

All and all- Its COD4 for me until the next gen socom. 6 bucks well spent... But would gladly pay 60 for a next gen socom.

US25

I don't know.....I got them and played Blood Lake tonight....and I loved it.

I don't CARE if there's no demo right now....they'll most likely FIX it, and most likely quickly....and there's about 3-5 OTHER modes of play for each map. It's not like the entire map is disabled....just demo.....and I can live with that.

I wasn't exactly clamoring for CoD4 while playing Socom tonight.....I just enjoyed the time.

I'm not so demanding.

Socom CA cost me $50, and they delivered MORE than $50 worth of entertainment to me over the course of a year....so I cannot complain. I played only Blood Lake tonight and cannot WAIT to play the other three in this new edition. CoD4...as much as I'm totally digging the game right now, will wait while I have some fun with some old friends (Socom II maps).

I think sometimes people take this "Zipper does us wrong" angle a little TOO harshly.....and I'm NOT saying you guys are wrong or unjustified in feeling the way you do.....I just think that Zipper has entertained us for months or, for most of us, YEARS.....and I appreciate it. Hell, Urgent Fury was BORN from Socom. Everyone has some hiccups along the way, even a game developer. I can enjoy what I CAN play, and not care so much about what I cannot. I'm cool with the Map Pack 2 as well as the patch thus far.............