5.1 Surround, the PS3 Slim and Sony's One-Touch CEC

SO I just bought a new Sony surround sound system.

In setting it up, I have discovered the wonder of pretty much one-click control regarding the integration of the Sony PS3 with this Sony surround sound system...IF I had the PS3 slim. I looked it up and the PS3 "fatties" do not have this capability.

So I looked up my warranty receipt from Best Buy (yes, the same warranty from my wonderful "let's rape Best Buy for everything they've got" story) and my warranty is still good until Sept. of this year! SO...I can go and exchange my PS3 fatty for a Slim.

My question...

What does this mean for the new PS3 I'll be getting and the "Master Account" name and everything that currently resides on my current fatty? When I get a new PS3, will I need to create a whole new name? Even deeper, will I need to create a whole new account?

Even DEEPER! If I WANT to create a whole new master account...this would be the time to do it, correct? For whatever reason, my original master account name was named "UF-TOW" or some shit like that, and I never play on it. Undertow is listed as a sub-account. I'm thinking this would be my opportunity to fix all that?

Lots of questions, I know...anyone have a shitload of answers?

I'm pretty sure you can log in to your PSN name(s) on your slim no problem. Once you do that you should also be able to download anything that you have purchased from the PSN store such as the cold front pack to your slim without having to purchase it again. The changeover should be fairly simple.

One thing you would want to do if your considering selling your fatty is format/restore it so that all of your data will be gone.

Crusty_Demons ]

One thing you would want to do if your considering selling your fatty is format/restore it so that all of your data will be gone.

Yeah, no doubt.

One thing I didn't consider is if I did want to go with a new master account, that I wouldn't have anything I've previously bought....which I THINK the only thing I care about in that regard is the Cold Front Map Pack...and if that's the case, I can live with getting it again if it means having a master account with a name I mean to have this time instead of one I made when I didn't know what the hell I was naming.

Crusty_Demons ]

I'm pretty sure you can log in to your PSN name(s) on your slim no problem. Once you do that you should also be able to download anything that you have purchased from the PSN store such as the cold front pack to your slim without having to purchase it again. The changeover should be fairly simple.

x2

We have a fatty and "Santa" brought our son the new slim. We were able to put our master acct. onto it and then create our son's own user name. That way if we want to purchase anything, we just log in to our acct. and do what we need to do.

It's no different than going to a friends house and logging in to your PSN on their system, really.

you will be able to put your old master account to your new ps3 and download all the things you bought you, then you can create a whole new account and use the dlc you have downloaded it to your ps3 with your sub or master account as long as you are using the ps3 that has the dlc downloaded to it. Also before you format the ps3 make sure you go into the account management and deactivate your account on that ps3.