What a Legal Marijuana Economy Would Look Like

Prane;815025']I have not engaged in smoking mary jane in over 18 months nor do I plan to again anytime soon' date=' but I will say if I was a stoner/mary jane enthusiast I wouldn't be buying from the government. Simply for the reason that mass produced weed will be bland and weak most likely. For example take the big 3 beer makers. Coors, Bud and Miller. Yeah its cheap but it doesn't taste damn near as good as microbrews and imports. In conclusion if my dealer stays open I'd stay with him over Wal-Mart.[/quote']Although i do agree, the Gov will end up turning it into Bud Miller Coors, but not for a long time once most of the mom & pops are long gone..

I'm guessing Budweiser probably used to be a great beer.!!

And when tons of people start buying it no matter what, they start cutting corners, etc.

It'll take a while, but at first the Gov is going to buy up all they can off of the current growers to "shock n awe" the market. lol

Well, the good part is, you CAN tell when someone is high. All stoners think they can hide it, but they can't. Maybe from people that are clueless, or haven't ever seen them sober, but that would be it. And unlike alcohol you can't blame the red-eyes, sluggishness from partying the night before. Now I'm sure that loads of people would start going to work stoned, but I really think any employer worth his paycheck would be able to tell . They really couldn't use a positive drug test against you because of what Hippie said. I have a buddy that was forced into rehab by his family, he was a chronic smoker, every day all day. At an in-house treatment facility it took 72 days for him to pass a urine test. So a guy that smoked everyday after work would never pass, unless they figure out a test that is more accurate.

I disagree. Some strains make me look bent, others don't affect my appearance/actions at all. Also, I'm not talking about getting stoned, I'm talking about smoking a one-hitter before work, or a couple pulls off the pipe at lunch...that don't necessarily register on the 'did he just get high?' meter. Put it to you plain as I can; my WIFE don't know when I'm high MOST the time, and she also smokes. She knows all the signs, and occasionally she might notice, but not most the time. I don't get red-eyed, I don't get blowed...I just take two hits and quit baby!

Chili327;814990'] but its no easy task to grow GOOD weed. ;)

Not true. It doesn't take much more money to grow better weed. Unless of course you are comparing it to throwing some seeds in the yard and letting them go. The only major cost of growing better weed, is getting your hands on the seeds. Uually around 200 bucks for 10 seeds. YIKES!! It would be very easy for the average guy to grow his own shit.

Mass produced weed probably would be kinda shitty. Just like the mexican brick weed we've all smoked at one point or another. That is where the Mom & pop shops will make their mark. Selling GOOD weed instead of the Marlboro Greens or whatever. Just like with good beer now. You usually go to a local place that specializes in import and micro-brews. You don't hit up Wal-mart or Albertsons.

TooL, I don't believe that. You can always tell if you are looking for it. Which I doubt your wife is really paying attention most of the time.

Edited by BigMoneyNacku

I agree with Tool. My buddy used to come in to work stoned all the time and I had no clue. No visual abnormalities, and he wasn't talking funny. At the time he was a huge stoner so that could play a part. If I took a 1-hitter you would notice because I get huge bags under my eyes. I think it has to do with your tolerance as well.

Not true. It doesn't take much more money to grow better weed. Unless of course you are comparing it to throwing some seeds in the yard and letting them go. The only major cost of growing better weed, is getting your hands on the seeds. Uually around 200 bucks for 10 seeds. YIKES!!

It would be very easy for the average guy to grow his own shit.

>> Maybe in Wyoming, but i can go to the store & buy TOP NOTCH seeds for way less than that here in CA.

>> Also the only time you can grow decent weed outdoors is in good weather (hot & low humidity, for months at a time), so wrong again.. no way can the avg guy grow good weed outdoors.

Indoor is the only way the majority of people can grow GOOD shit, & indoors cost a lot of money for the right lights, the right place & the electricty bill.

I'd love to see the avg guy do it, & i bet he would change his opinion real fast.. give it a try, then tell me how easy it is.

It takes a lot of work (& $$) to do it right.!!

Also many people can do work & do good work when high, but i am not one of them.. im like Prane it just turns me into a troll. lol (i think some people just react different, plus tolerance)

And those people that can do good work, can also play it off well, except for a drug test 2 weeks after an incident, they still show it in their system, which is why drug testing will still be enforced at the work place. (and possibly save companies a lot of money is payouts)

LOL. I have grown good weed outdoors here in WY. Granted our growing window is a very small one, but I have done it. I have grown good weed indoors for very low cost. I have a good friend growing ak-47 right now indoors for pennies compared to what it would cost to get it elsewhere. It also is better quality than the AK we got from a dispensary earlier this year. It doesn't take alot of work. Just alot of diligence.

I don't know what kind of over priced lighting they are selling you CA boys, but all you need is to know the right light spectrum for each stage. ;)

Well i guess we trade our lighting prices for seed prices. lol (actually electricity is the killer)

Anyway, that short window is exactly what im talking about.. how is any business going to keep things rolling if they can only grow for 3 months, then harvest once a year.!? who wants to buy that shit 9 months later. What are you gonna do freeze it. lol

The point is like i said it can be done, but it WILL cost you (in order to do it year round in most places) & the price you will be able to sell it for will not compete with Walmart. lol

So it will not be easy to do.. except if you live in the right place, & know what you're doing. ;)

Edited by Chili327