Change Your PSN ID? Sony Responds to Possibility

• Directors

feature-PlayStation-Plus-500x218.png

Early last week, it was reported that hackers discovered that a feature to change your PSN ID is hidden in PlayStation Plus, which has some thinking it may arise as a possible PlayStation Plus feature in the distant future. Sony has now responded to that claim.

The always helpful Jeff Rubenstein addressed this question on the PlayStation blog and it doesn’t look good. He stated: “It’s an idea that’s been brought up multiple times, and it’s something I’d like to see as well. I don’t think there are any current plans to enact this, however. I’ll bring it up again, though.”

As the issue stands at this moment, it’s not in the cards, but it’s something they are looking at. Whether we see it in the future or as a new function in a distant firmware update like cross-game chat, we’ll just have to wait and see.

gfx.php?type=thumbs&value=0

Score: 0 (0 votes cast)

powered.png

Urgent Fury Command: digg.png sphinn.png delicious.png facebook.png mixx.png googlebookmark.png blogospherenews.png email_link.pnglinkedin.png live.png msnreporter.png myspace.png pdf.png twitter.png yahoomyweb.png yahoobuzz.png blogplay.png diigo.png dotnetkicks.png friendfeed.png linkagogo.png linkarena.png myshare.png ping.png yiggit.png addtofavorites.png

More...

I don't understand WHY they don't just add this feature? 360 has always had this, though charging a fee each time. I also do not understand why they won't expand the friends list. People have been asking for these two things for a LONG time and Sony hasn't delivered. Simply put, this shouldn't be hard to accomplish at all.