Logitech's new Xbox/PS3 headset helps you keep quiet

logitech928.jpg

We're slightly confused by the pitch for Logitech's Wireless Headset F540 designed for Xbox 360 and PS3. "Don't wake the house," the website says, touting the headset's ability to deliver game audio and voice chat through the headphones simultaneously. But you still have to talk for voice chat to work, and, barring some absurd Cone of Silence contraption, that's still going to make noise.

Regardless of the marketing angle, the headset itself looks pretty nice. It works with both the Xbox 360 and PS3 wirelessly, includes three inputs, and has a noise-canceling mic. All those features come at a price, however. If you want to whisper to your in-game pals while wearing one of these, it's going to run you $150.

Source: Logitech

I like this because it's wireless. My set up has me about 15 feet away from my TV and PS3. So I never wanted anything wired. But I really don't have any complaints against the PS3 BT.

Buuut, if this supports my surround sound, I might have to get it. I usually play when everyone else in my house is sleeping. So it would be great to be able to pump up the volume.

Edited by IRISH BULL

Yeah I've used both TB's and my Trittons (O.G. pre-madcatz) and the Tritton is the top of the heap by a country mile.

Also, every wireless FULL headset I've ever used is constantly needing to be recharged and sketchy signal-wise. My suggestion is to wait 3 months for someone else to buy em and review them properly for you.