UF Questions

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite sure anyone flew off the handle. Were some replies less tactful, yes but not really flying off the handle. As far as your question of intent, it is a good one however do not expect a reasonable answer. I for one am confident in my reply as to his intent. As he even wrote he has never competed here nor has any intent, yet here he is asking questions about something he supposedly has no interest in. Not only did he ask questions, he researched. He didn't just spend time coming here and typing, he spent time scouring the net looking for info. Please tell me who does that unless they have a dog in the fight or looking to reap some type of reward.

If you notice he did break out a dictionary and thesaurus for his reply to act as if he was smarter and above the community here. He got on his pedestal and he proved me right.

In my previous reply in which you notice how he replied to everyones post but mine, I gave you his agenda. His agenda is to promote another site. While he thinks he is smarter than the average bear with his subliminal messaging, he really is just looking to promote another site. Look no further than the following reply he made to Mike Jaxsons post:

[ U ] mikejaxon, I respect the comment, but I don't appreciate the attack. You are the first to insult, and attack my clan, and myself. Just because my clan for which I am a member of does not play in UF we are a non competing clan. I would like to point out that the clan I belong to is much like yours to the extent in winning tournaments. However; there is a difference as they have done so in 3 different leagues, and have won 4 straight tournaments. The last being a 8 vs. 8 tournament where each member received a prize package of: 1 Tritton AX180 Headset, 1 Gamer Grub pizza unit, 1 Rock Band Custom Kick Drumhead, and a congratulations letter. All 8 participants received that prize package. I think each prize package was valued at over $100.00. They played free of charge in that tournament as all gamers of that community does, and are currently participating there now in a tournament with 14 other clans. That league has posted my clans accomplishments, and they have received photos of my members with the prizes. That to me is a sponsorship. Might I add no drama, or accusations of cheating.

That statement is there for no other reason but in hopes to garner interest in another site. He hopes that some here will say oh man look at what they got. Where is that at?

The post on our forums here today is no different than his last over at the Socom forums. It is self serving. I mean I keep going back to the question you posed here and that is what is the intent? You will not get a reasonable explanation as I said before. It won't make sense and if we say it don't make sense it will just be that all of us are not smart enough to see it. Again the same M.O he had on the Socom forums when his post was epic failure. I mean it was not just UF posters calling him out, it was people who had never even played or heard of us here at UF calling him out.

This guy is transparent as hell yet for some reason he thinks he is getting one by on everyone.

This will be my only post on this site. I was told about this topic by Bandit99 in a discussion I had with him last week.

--EDITED--by Pryboy in no way agrees with any statement or question that was made by DirtyFeast. We did not even know he made a post over here about our site. I am truly sorry for this infraction and I will talk to his clan leader in regards to having him "cease and desist" in this type of attack of UF. I will not back these efforts. While I appreciate where his heart is, his brain is obviously somewhere else. I hope this does not happen again, if it does, let me know ASAP and I will probably have to pose a punishment against his clan if possible or at the very least silence him on our site as well. He has only participated in 2 matches that I personally know of for his clan and was not one of the players who received a prize. I dont even think he has posted on our site. If he has it was irrelevant to any specific topic.

Again, I apologize for this and any other actions he has made towards UF and the community here.

On another note, Bandit99, when you brought this up in the room we were in last week, I didnt realize there was going to be this much reading involved. LOL I know you said it was long, but WAR and PEACE was not expected.

I know I speak for myself and for the other owner of the --EDITED--by Pryboy when I posted this.

My apologies,

Pryboy

Edited by Pryboy

I won't speak for the Directors, but as a Staff member I don't agree with banning people for their opinions...EVER. I admittedly have not/will not be sucked into this particular drama...from reading just this page I can see that Bandit has it well in-hand, but to disagree is not only normal, it's welcome IMO. You never learn from your wins or assumed power; you learn from your ascension and your defeats. While I may be ignorant to the subject at hand (willingly and intentionally) I know that simply pressing the almightly BAN button shouldn't be the end all be all to conversations.

I don't know DirtyFeast. I've never heard of Elite Battle Zone. I am UF through and through, and while I have tested other waters, the grass was greener HERE each time. The community as a whole are not mindless sheep and know this for themselves...let the others who doubt it learn their lessons and don't sweat it.

JMO.

We are not in the business of banning; however, there are rules in place that we expect out of common courtsey to be followed when coming to Urgent Fury. One of which is the point of Solicitation. We do not go to others sites to cause drama, nor do we recruit from another site.

Common Courtsey and Professional Ethics are why we do not use such tactics.

I have also stayed away from this thread and refused to post. If a business question was truly the interest in the initial post, this would have been handled privately. What other reason would there be to want to post in a public place with so much detail than to try and make a statement.

We welcome differing opinions, so long as you adhere to the rules we have for our site. However, it is clear as to the foolishness and childish attempt to come here to start something up and begin an "advertisement" campaign for 2 sites that share an Affiliation with one another.

I wonder if this is being done because we, Urgent Fury, turned down an email request at the beginning of October of 2010, to become an Affiliated Site?

For one, its not that we don't believe in affiliations. We believe in affiliations that uphold the core values that Urgent Fury was founded on. Has Urgent Fury gotten it right all the time, no. It is our belief, as the people in charge of steering Urgent Fury, in this value that is behind every crucial decision we make, including affiliations. We are more concerned with the longevity and principles behind Urgent Fury and that is what we base everything on.

We didn't get ahold of Urgent Fury to turn a quick $$....we wanted and got Urgent Fury because we understood what was meant when it was created. We understood the direction that Urgent Fury was actually in the process of trying to grow. All we did was express that we understood all this and in the process wouldn't abandon the core value and purpose in which it was created. And if it means that staying true to this value gives us quality over quantity, so be it.

Read below the Rules of Solicitation - because you have come here and may not have truly understood the rules behind our Solicitation policy; which are also stated in our Terms and Conditions.....you get this as a warning. Your opinions are welcome, your blantant attempt to circumvent our rules are NOT.

What began as an attempt to distance yourself from Dirtyfeast turned into your way to drop an unwanted advertisement for yourself. If you truly wanted to distance yourself from Dirtyfeast, then you would not have been affiliated with him nor the site he (runs or co-runs). I wish you well in your endeavors but with this continued visitation, it only solidfies my belief that we made the correct decision when requested to join in an affiliation.

Urgent Fury's Basic Participation Rules

Staff Positions:

An individual holding or seeking to hold any assigned position within any of Urgent Fury's sites, including but not limited to, a Ranger, Ranger Officer, Junior or Senior Staff levels, cannot participate, as an advisor to or as any member of a Staff or Admin for another tournament or gaming site.

Solicitation of other Tournament / Ladder Sites:

Solicitation of any kind, without express written consent from Urgent Fury Holdings, LLC, can result in a complete removal and ban from any sites and activities owned and operated by Urgent Fury Holdings, LLC, from 1 day to indefinitely. All decisions will be made by the owners of Urgent Fury. A prior decision may be rescinded or changed at the discretion of the Urgent Fury owners. More details for Solicitation are located in the Master Rule Set.

Accountability:

Urgent Furys first consideration of punishment will be for the individual involved. If other individuals are found to have been a contributor to the primary individual, they to will be evaluated on their participation in the event, at which time, a decision will be made as to the punishment.

It is not Urgent Furys desire to continue to remove and ban a full team or clan for the wrong doing of the individual. It is our intention to only remove an entire team or clan as a last resort. However, if the leader of a team or clan is found in violation of the above stipulated rules, Urgent Fury reserves the right to remove the entire team, if the owners of Urgent Fury believes that allowing the team or clan to remain will compromise the integrity of the community.

As an example, in the NCAA, sometimes a whole team and school is put in a probationary status and not allowed to compete in championships, bowl's, etc, because of it's students / leaders / coachs actions; so in a similar manner, we will evaluate each problem and do our best to punish only those that are involved.

**Disclaimer: These rules are subject to change at anytime without prior written notice, and if you feel you may be affected by these stipulations, we invite you to contact the Directors to discuss your situation. Urgent Fury Holdings, LLC reserves the right to deny entry to any Individual, Clan or Team to protect the integrity and interest of the Community. If an individual / clan / team, are removed during an event where there is an entry fee, the entry fee is forfeited and will not be returned.

Urgent Fury Command

AC,

I apologize, so please accept my apology as this was not my intention. I was only posting as a reply per a conversation I had with Bandit99 of the clan 101st Screaming Eagles while playing Socom last week. He had stated that he thought Dirty Feast was a representative because of the post where he talkls about his clans accomplishments. I just wanted to reassure you as a competitor that I would not do that and neither would my business partner. As for as a campaign for 2 sites that share an affilitation with one another I am lost. It is my understanding that we did have an affiliation with BoH. I can assure you however that of this date there is no current affiliation with them. At the time of the affiliation, it was simplay a banner exchange, and to my knowledge all our affiliations are done by our Director of Website Operations/Internet Marketing, He uses a program that crawls websites for emails that then sends out an email that goes out based on the emails that are found by the crawler. The exact wording in the email, I have no knowledge of, nor do I know what program he uses for that matter. These websites that are found are based on keywords that he inputs to the particular program, that part at least of know. At that time of affiliation I do not know if Dirty Feast was a member there or even on staff. I read the exact same article that Dirty Feast posted on Socom.com from a few pages back here and I can see how you would assume there would be an issue if he were on staff at the BoH. I could see where you would think that he is associated with me, but I can assure you he is not.

I accept my warning for not following your solicitation policy. Thank you for welcoming my opinions, I had no intention of circumventing your rules, I should have researched them more. If it would appease you here at UF, I will remove my signature and edit my original of anything that shows the organization I am affiliated with. I just want you to know that my intentions were sincere. Again I am not affiliate with Dirty Feast or any site he runs or co-runs or have any knowledge of any site he runs or co-runs.

The part about the continued visitation mystifies me as last night was the first time I visited your site and it was only in the off chance that I would be able to find the post that Bandit99 mentioned. I am not a part of any of the affiliations or the process that is done to get them. It is again my Director of Website Operations/Internet Marketing's concern as to who we affiliate with and why. I run the tournaments and community operations on my site and have no wish to be involved in the affiliation programs. I have again only been here one other time and that was last night.

Thank you for your apology, but who your partner brings in for association represents you to.

I also ask that you adhere to my request to remove your Sig "ad banner." I can easily remove it, but if are to prove your intentions are what they claim, then you will adhere to this request.

You are welcome to put a signature without advertising your site, as per our Rules.

Done. I tried to go back and get into the rules to see where I went wrong, but the links at the bottom of the page are all saying they are in Maintenance. Is there a time frame as to when they will be back up? This way before I post again, I will know what I can and cannot do.