Modern Combat: Domination

so this "Modern Combat: Domination" demo just dropped. anyone check it out yet?

personally I never heard of it before, but it's another shooter.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/16/the-drop-week-of-jan-17th-2011-new-releases/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+%28PlayStation.Blog%29

after watching the trailer and seeing some of the skins and such this has to be a counterstrike port of some sort... wouldn't be suprised at all since it is not a part of the orange box. would also explain the cheap price since it would take minimal work to get it going with the engine already ported due to Orange Box.

Edited by GeneralSarcasm

I actually played it for a bit last night. Tried to get into a room for about 15 minutes, but it never connected. Kept getting serveris full or connection to host lost messages. When I finally got into a room I was alone, and waited for 5 minutes and no one joined, so I started the game and it was me and a bunch of ai characters. Gameplay was just like any other fps out there, but the it took forever to turn around. There may be a setting to fix that, but like I said I wasn't on long enough to check.

But for 6 bucks I wasn't expecting much.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I actually played it for a bit last night. Tried to get into a room for about 15 minutes, but it never connected. Kept getting serveris full or connection to host lost messages. When I finally got into a room I was alone, and waited for 5 minutes and no one joined, so I started the game and it was me and a bunch of ai characters. Gameplay was just like any other fps out there, but the it took forever to turn around. There may be a setting to fix that, but like I said I wasn't on long enough to check.

But for 6 bucks I wasn't expecting much.

For $5.99, this game is a lot of fun. It's definitely worth more. If Battlefield: 1943 went for $15, this game could have easily went for the same. Highly recommend based on the price.

There is a sensitivity setting also. The default is waaay too low. Also, when you buy the game, it opens more maps and game modes. The trial version is for one map and one game mode. So that might have a difference on finding games. I haven't had an issue since I purchased the full game.

I did have one problem. I couldn't get the PS Move controller to work.

All in all, I give it a 8/10.

I tried the demo last night. I think it's sort of Socom with it legs chopped off. I mean it's kind of like Socom you can tell the Dev was thinking Socom. No respawn and you have the Rounds. You can pick Mecs or Special Ops and when the round starts it seem to me a lot like Socom with the count down etc. But No dual shock. I'm so used to dual shock and when it doesn't have it I notice it first off. Then the hit detection was off. Also I had 2 of my AI guys stuck one was running one way and the other the other way. And they were stuck trying to go there own way. I thought at first they were fighting each other so I tried to knife them. If they would add clan support and private rooms you guys would be gushing over this game. But they don't and it just made me not wanting to waste time playing this when I have better shooters available.

Oh on the demo game if you run down the middle of the map you win every time. Go any other way and you AI guys screw around and lose the match. Don't ask me why but it's just how it is.

Edited by Outlaw__Rebel

Oh on the demo game if you run down the middle of the map you win every time. Go any other way and you AI guys screw around and lose the match. Don't ask me why but it's just how it is.

That's so true, I went up the stairs and to the left and lost every time, but when I upgraded to the AK47 and went down to the boxes you can climb up, I sat there and the AI's on the other team came around that corner and a couple were dancing around the wall you have to shoot through to open and I killed the entire team. lol

Is the only way to make money to get better weapons is to get a great kill streak? Because that appears to be the only way. I've unlocked different weapons, but I never have enough money to buy anything.

I've been playing Domination, and I don't think you get diddly for capturing a nav point.

Modern Combat Domination Hacked Already

it seems that Modern Combat Domination has been modified, via files in the game.

The hacks include ESP (Extra Sensory Perception) too see enemies clearly without a hassle. The hack also includes Bullet Tracing, bullet tracing allows you to see where the bullet is coming from (kinda like starwars lasers). There is also another modification that allows you to remove smoke from smoke grenades and explosions (so they don't obstruct your view).