I wish I knew of a Great Dev... Oh wait I do!

Happy Birthday MAG! Let’s Celebrate!

posted by Jeremy Dunham, January 25, 2011 7:00 am

It may sound clichéd, but wow, time really flies! It’s hard to believe that it has already been a full year since our massive 256-person PlayStation 3-exclusive shooter, MAG, was released all over the globe. To celebrate our one-year birthday, we’re unveiling a handful of promotions as a thank you to our fans throughout the week.

First up, starting Wednesday, January 26 at 12am Pacific Time, we’re changing all in-game queue and “Happy Hour†bonuses to 256% until Sunday, January 30 at 11:59pm. If you’ve been meaning to level up to grab our various “level 60†trophies, our promotional time period is a great time to go for it!

Speaking of January 26, all day from 10am-5pm Pacific Time, members of the Zipper Interactive QA team (our best players!) will be online and playing MAG throughout the day. If you’ve never participated in our “Play MAG with Zipper†events, they’re great fun and offer you the perfect opportunity to show us your skills.

Our third and final promotion is a special “Faction Neutral†switch for the Domination and Acquisition modes. For the first time ever in MAG “Live,†our two biggest game types will switch from being PMC-specific to being open for defense by any of our three factions. Like our 256% XP bonus, this mode switch will be in operation from January 26 at 12am Pacific to January 30 at 11:59pm.

But this isn’t all we’re doing to wish MAG a happy birthday. We’ll also be posting some additional blogs throughout the week, including a breakdown of MAG statistics and numbers on Thursday and a special “Five Things You Never Knew About MAG†article on Friday morning. It should be fun.

As always, everyone here at Zipper Interactive wants you to know how much we appreciate all the support and feedback you have given us over the last year and we hope you’ve enjoyed playing the game as much as we’ve enjoyed making and improving it. Thank you very much!

We're a year old and the game still going strong!

If anyone wants to see what it's like to play this game with a Solid group of players send me a friend invite. It's not a clan invite but you can join up with my guys and play the game how it's meant to be played.... PSN for MAG SOTG_Marauder_

First up, starting Wednesday, January 26 at 12am Pacific Time, we’re changing all in-game queue and “Happy Hour†bonuses to 256% until Sunday, January 30 at 11:59pm. If you’ve been meaning to level up

I'm gonna be playing the hell outta MAG during this time. I need to rank the hell up!

This is an awesome game I recently started playing, but it is VERY unforgiving for new players. Veteran MAG players have a HUUUUUUGE advantage over new people, like myself. This is probably my only complaint for MAG. Because it probably has turned off a lot of new player. Especially all the new PS Plus members.

And I'm gonna add you tonight Marauder. I need some back-up. I is gettin pwnd! lol

I love MAG, and have since the beginning. If the clan support gets better, it will be awesome. It might not be on par in certain aspects to cod, but as the first console game of its kind....it sure does open the door to enormous potential for some really killer events. It is also a good balance between halo and socom. Team work is ultimately essential, but there are also opportunities for good leeroy jenkins run and gun. Because there is so much going on, teams that employee several different strategies across their platoons seem to always do the best. But teamwork is essential....oh....and if you have a BAD squad leader and or platoon leader u are screwed also.

Add me also....I want to play with ppl who understand teamwork.

Scroll over the PSN symbol under my name here to see my PSN

If your by yourself just playing the game sucks. Nobody helps you and your clueless on what the squad is doing. So you do things on your own that get you into trouble without back up. You can't go at it like COD that's why the 2 games don't mix. You either like one or the other not really both most people.

The community finally pestered enough and there going to make all the maps neutral. I believe it's a test as to how it's going to go. The community actually voted against being neutral a while back. But times change. Clan battles they also need to just unlock. If you look at the clan deploy you can see mechanism for the clan battles.

Edited by Outlaw__Rebel