Buy American Gas.

I received this in an email from a friend who had it forwarded to them from who knows who.. but if it has any validity, i think it is a decent idea. (for all i know it could be sent out from Wal-Mart originally. lol)

I searched for some of the info on here but didn't find pin point info - http://www.energy.gov

Which led me to here, but wtith still no Solid info - http://www.eia.doe.gov

Not sure if i'm lazy, retarded, or they just dont release this kind of info, but eitherway i couldn't find confirmation.

Do your own research & report any findings. :D

-------------------------------------

WHERE TO BUY AMERICAN GASOLINE.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON.

Gas rationing in the 70's worked, even though we grumbled about it. It might even have been good for us.

Are you aware that the Saudis are boycotting American products?

In addition, they are gouging us on oil prices.

Shouldn't we return the favor?

Can't we take control of our own destiny and let these giant oil importers know who REALLY generates their

profits, their livings?

How about leaving American Dollars in America and reduce the import/export deficit?

An appealing remedy might be to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia.

Just purchase gas from companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill up my tank, I'm sending my money to people who I get the impression want me, my family and my friends dead.

The following gas companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell..................................205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco...................144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil........................130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway.............117,740,000 barrels

Amoco................................62,231,000 barrels

And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela by Dictator Hugo Chavez who hates America and openly avows our economic destruction! (We pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)

The U.S. currently imports 5,517,000 barrels of crude oil per day from OPEC. If you do the math at $100 per barrel, that's over $550 million PER DAY ($200 BILLION per year!) handed over to OPEC, many of whose members are our confirmed enemies!!!!!

It won't stop here - oil prices could go to $200 a barrel or higher if we keep buying their product.

Here are some large companies that DO NOT import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco.........................0 barrels

Conoco.........................0 barrels

Sinclair.........................0 barrels

BP / Phillips....................0 barrels

Hess. ...........................0 barrels

ARC0.............................0 barrels

Maverick........................0 barrels

Flying J. .......................0 barrels

Valero...........................0 barrels

Murphy Oil USA* .............0 barrels

Sold at Wal-Mart, gas is from South Arkansas and fully USA owned and produced.

*Not only that but they give scholarships to all children in their town who finish high school and are legal US citizens..

All of this information is available from the U.S. Department of Energy and each company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

But to have a real impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers

With the help of the internet, it's really simple to do. Now, don't wimp out at this point....keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to only ten more (30 x 10 = 300)....and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)....and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!!!!!!!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it...THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE-the entire population of the United States of America !!!!

Again, all you have to do is forward this message to 10 people. How long would that really take you? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people, within one day all 300 MILLION people could theoretically be contacted during the next eight days!

Wait.. I found this, but it definitely doesn't confirm anything. As a matter of fact it says that "Murphy Oil" - Wal Mart got 35% from the persian gulf.. lol

And lists Shell 3 or 4 times. Some got it from the Gulf & some didn't. ???

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/summary2007.html

I would definitely like to know the truth about this, so if anyone has a clearer picture of the reality of it, please post some facts (& sources)

Wait again.. ;D

I got some FACTS - http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/saudigas.asp

Mostly false.. & it is an old email re-circulating. I think someone can delete this thread. lol

This email is BS, it says if the oil is not from the middle east then it is american. Just because you buy your gas from one of the companies with a zero does not mean it is american oil, that oil could be from a number of other areas in the world.

Besides, the price of oil is set by traders who are in New York city, not the middle eastern countries.

I was looking at that yesterday, you can speculate on oil and only put up 6.7% of the money upfront.

http://www.nymex.com/CL_marg.aspx

That initial margin requirement of $9625 would be on appx $145000 of oil. So if you want $145000 of leverage you just have to put up $9625 at the start. And that does not have be in cash, you can put up a letter of credit from a bank, US treasuries, etc.

As far as citgo and venezula goes, I think that most americans have no idea about the history there and therefore do not understand the context of the current situation there. Most americans form their opinions about that country by what our biased media reports.

I doubt it is a coincidence, but i think there are only a few confirmed that seem to be NON Gulf Companies.

Sunoco.........................0 barrels

Sinclair.........................0 barrels

We dont have either of these on the west coast. :(

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

this is really funny!! it doesnt matter who buys their oil where, there are only a handful of refineries in this country that extract gasoline from crude oil, so pretty much all oil ends up in the same place, gets refined, and goes to the gas stations. SO...if you wanna follow this e-mail, then next time you buy gas at an AMERICAN gas station, you need to put it in 5 gallon jugs, dump 2/3 out on the ground, and just put the AMAERICAN portion in your car. problem solved ;D

xPUDDYTATx ]

this is really funny!! it doesnt matter who buys their oil where, there are only a handful of refineries in this country that extract gasoline from crude oil, so pretty much all oil ends up in the same place, gets refined, and goes to the gas stations. SO...if you wanna follow this e-mail, then next time you buy gas at an AMERICAN gas station, you need to put it in 5 gallon jugs, dump 2/3 out on the ground, and just put the AMAERICAN portion in your car. problem solved ;D

On the contrary..

This email is very mistaken, misleading, & incorrect, but the point is DEAD ON.

IF we can all buy gas from companies that buy their oil or more of their oil from countries like Canada (which is the HIGHEST exporter of crude oil in the world) then we are making a difference. And that impact can/will be felt in the gulf.

Or do you not see it that way.?

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

i agree totaly chili, i was just saying that its really hard to buy only american gas. all companies import diffeerent amounts, but its all refined in the exact same places and shipped according to amount purchased. if you really want to hepl, run ethanol in anything that you can. at least it has american corn in it, and it helps the farmers inthe mid-west. of course, with the oil companies buying it all, a guy cant hardly afford to eat it anymore!!

Yea, i hear that..

What is the deal with ethynol.?

Can it be used in normal cars.?

It is in some gasolines already right.?

Maybe it doesn't help the environment as much as we would have hoped, but if it takes money out of the gulf pockets.. im down.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

what you can get right now, and the thing you here most about, is E85. it is a denatured fuel made mostly from corn. you see a lot of vehicles out there right now being labled as "flex fuel" vehicles because they can run on either gasoline or E85 with the flip of a switch. the problem with older vehicles is the octane rating. E85 has an octane rating of about 105, versus the 85 to 95 in most gas. if you try to run it in an older car with high compression, the pre-ignition will literally blow the heads off the motor. it requires a lot of timing retardation, giving up power to keep the engine running. if you look around, you can find conversion kits for late model vehicles, but i dont know much about them.

Chili-Palmer ]
xPUDDYTATx ]

On the contrary..

This email is very mistaken, misleading, & incorrect, but the point is DEAD ON.

IF we can all buy gas from companies that buy their oil or more of their oil from countries like Canada (which is the HIGHEST exporter of crude oil in the world) then we are making a difference. And that impact can/will be felt in the gulf.

Or do you not see it that way.?

If you don't buy the cheapest oil (from saudi arabia), then the we pay more.

Chili-Palmer ]

Yea, i hear that..

What is the deal with ethynol.?

Can it be used in normal cars.?

It is in some gasolines already right.?

Maybe it doesn't help the environment as much as we would have hoped, but if it takes money out of the gulf pockets.. im down.

We are using 30% of our corn in the USA to make 3% of the gasoline. Ethynol is why all food prices are going up, ethynol is something the farmers want to get more money.

From Hugo, he has done nothing wrong.

Really, everyone needs to understand the world's oil pirices are set on the NYMEX. You can speculate with little or no money, this is what has lead to the rise in gas prices. Oil has been a safehaven for BIG money since the equity market took a shit. We need them to change the margin requirements and make them higher, it needs to take more money to take a position in the world's oil market. The price of oil will not be fair until this is realized.

It is not the oil company's faults, most are hedged and do not sell their oil at these levels anyways.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

okay, so heres the funny part of it all...the government is pushing the hell out of ethanol, so this "eco-friendly" fuel is creating problems of its own:

1. water - people need water to grow corn in the midwest, so dumbass rich guys are running around buying up water rights all over the country, and then selling the water and trucking it to various places for irrigation. they are taking water from the places that need it, or else selling it locally for tremendous prices to locals so they can keep the water where it was to begin with.

2. food prices go up because there is less to sell, so to battle this, we need to plant more crops. but where do you plant more crops? you mow down forest lands for the fertile soil and available land!! this eliminates trees that use carbon dioxide, effectively cancelling out the benifit of ethanol.

so all in all, are we really doing anything useful here? there is a new technology that may reap HUGE rewards soon, and that is called oil sands. in the past, the only way to get oil out of tight formations was massive excavation, but a few companies have figured out a way to "push" the oil out of the sands without any excavation at all. this is a fairly new technology, but once proven, it will lead to the production of BILLIONS of barrels of oil from eastern canada.

interesting fact - Dulles International Airport, located in Chantilly VA, is larger than the proposed area of drilling in the ANWAR!!!

idk this whole energy deal in the core is runned by the oil companies, think about it you cant just get rid of oil over night you do that and the economy of the world goes to hell, it has to be a slow transition, little by little, as much as we hate that, if you really think, why would car companies make non gasoline cars if most of their cars out right now are gas, why would an oil company shut down its wells if they have been pumping for years and the cost to run it has been in the millions before, my point is that eventually those same oil companies will produce the cheap energy source of the future they just cant right now, because if they do they all go bankrupt and with them goes down the economy of the world.