UF: Black brackets updated

The brackets were done SOOO wrong guys. I know I'll get the standard "its just an evaluation tournament" answer but they were NOT set up to allow the seedings to work like they should.

In our bracket after 1 match the #1 seed is playing the #3 and the #2 is playing the #4. A 16 team bracket is seeded like this:

1 v 16

8 v 9

7 v 10

4 v 13

3 v 14

5 v 12

6 v 11

2 v 15

WiZ ]

The brackets were done SOOO wrong guys. I know I'll get the standard "its just an evaluation tournament" answer but they were NOT set up to allow the seedings to work like they should.

In our bracket after 1 match the #1 seed is playing the #3 and the #2 is playing the #4. A 16 team bracket is seeded like this:

1 v 16

8 v 9

7 v 10

4 v 13

3 v 14

5 v 12

6 v 11

2 v 15

You are exactly right. I said it last week, and I know it was stressed. There still is time to change it... The first round was not effected, but rounds after are which start next week.

But yeah that is exactly how they should be set-up. I've never saw another bracket form where an #8 and #7 would play the same time a #1 and a #3.

You have them out of order but your numbers are correct. Its not too late to fix them...... The first round WAS correct. ANY games played from here on out according to the bracket as it stands right now WONT be.

Look here: http://www.r2sports.com/tourney/drawsOut/drawOut.asp?TID=2511&divID=6&print=YES&blankDraw=YES&numPlayers=16

First off, it was me and only me that set up the brackets this way. I also set them up when Crucible was ran, and believe it or not....the first crucible bracket was IDENTICAL!

Your right, I am going to come back at you with it an Eval tournament. What in this Black tournament has been "standard" so far? Whack a mole...is that standard in a tournament? Remember when previous Black tournaments the TOP SEEDED TEAM got LAST PICK on map choices in the playoff meetings? So what then, makes everyone...I take that back...a couple of guys, think that the backets will be " standard"? Just curious.

I realize it is only 2-3 guys bringing this up, versus the other 30 clans playing on, I will bring this to Bandit, and let him make the call. If he wants to change the bracket around then I will certainly do so.

Please do not blame anyone but SEQUOYAH, as I set this bracket up as I have ALWAYS done. It just seems to be getting attention now for some reason. :-\

I think whether or not this tournament is eval is beside the point. UF isn't evaluating the tournament like it was doing with the First Crucible. The Eval should be referring to clan evaluation.

I think the ideas here are valid and only point out that something can be modified. I don't think there was anyone pointing fingers placing blame thye just were asking that it be changed. Just making suggestions to help things out and make things better.

I think it just may be that most people don't even take the time to look at what's going on. They see they advance and they play who they're told to play. The ones that do take the time out to look at the bracket and look at the seedings are the ones who may realize that something is just a tad bit off.

In any case, as I look at it, the fist round matchups were all " correct ", what ever that is. It was only the placement of those matchups on the bracket that were " incorrect ". So I repositioned those, and it appears that the tournament will go on now without further interuption.

Doing this does not effect the outcome of the first round match ups, as they were correct from the beginning. I am in the process of correcting this now.