Need Firefox/Adobe help

I bought a new computer with Vista and have been using IE7 for the past few weeks. Yesterday IE7 kept freezing up on me so today I downloaded Firefox.

Everything went fine except I cant get Adobe Flash Player to download with Firefox. It works just fine with IE7 though. My old computer has Firefox and Adobe Flash Player and I've never had any problems with it. And since it works fine with IE7 on my new computer I have to assume that its Firefox. I've been through all my settings several times and I've downloaded Adobe Flash several times and cant figure out whats wrong.

Does anyone here know of a solution for this problem? Is there a workaround out there thats not listed on Firefox or Adobe? Am I missing a setting?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Yeah i just saw the download button for IE8 on the Java site. Which I was at because while trying to watch videos in the "Socom is Dead" thread I was told I needed the latest Java or Adobe Flash Player to watch you tube videos. But, as I've learned with Socom, newer does not equal better.

It has to be something in Mozilla/Firefox. If I use IE7 everything works fine. And I know, "why not just use IE7 then?" Well, because IE pisses me off.....A LOT!!! Mozilla works better, IMO. I've gone through my Norton settings, my IE7 settings, and Mozilla settings and have found nothing to solve the issue. I've been searching the internet for hours now looking for a solution but all I've found so far is a bunch of other people who are having the same problem and no solution for them either.

inadub ]

Will it not auto install?? is that the problem? sometimes w/ mozilla you need to download the add ons or updates and then double click the actual files that update. I use mozilla all the time. I have to do that periodically w/ different add ons and such..

Thats exactly it. It will, about half the time, give me a status bar in my download box showing its searching for viruses then nothing. And I read on Firefox that I would need to go and click on the actual files, but I cant find them anywhere. Its like its not loading them. Or if it is its hiding them from me because I cant find them.

Try setting mozillas download path to your desktop. From there your files should all just download to desktop making it easy to find and double click... not sure if you already tried this or not.. but a system restart might be a good thing as well.. not sure how long or how many installs you have done since last restart.. let me know if this solves the prob.

So this is my first time using Vista. I wouldn't think it things would be to much different than XP. And I would think that in making things easier for the user it wouldn't make things harder. But, I was wrong for thinking.

inadub ]

Try setting mozillas download path to your desktop. From there your files should all just download to desktop making it easy to find and double click...

Remember when I said I couldnt find the downloads. I had no clue where it was sending them. So thanks to your post I looked a little harder (really little) and found all 35 of them. In a folder saved inside another folder called downloads. What a creative name huh? I shut all my tabs down and installed the Flash Player.

Everything works. With computers its always the smallest thing and for me thats usually my patience with them.

Thanks for the advice fellas. And thanks Inadub. Next time I'll try to increase my patience a bit and see if that helps.

This is why I do what I do and not work on computers.