Official Chicago Sports Thread

Good stuff by the Bulls. Rose did look shakey in ot with those turnovers and missed shots but made up for it all with the clutch shot block. Miller shot some nice free throws as well in ot. Player of the game without a doubt is John Salmons. For the Bulls to win game 7 they need a huge game again out of Salmons. He made all the shots after Ben Gordon fouled out.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing performance by Salmons, he stepped up. Everygame its someone different stepping up, first Derick Rose, then Ben Gordon, Then Kirk and now Salmon. Game 7 is where amazing Happens ;D I exspect all of them to contribute. Fuck Charles Barkley, not once has he gave the bulls Credit for their wins. He exspects a blow out on game 7.

BacklasH ]

WOW. I have to say that we caught a huge break. When does Pierce miss TWO uncontested 3 balls in the same possession?! This has been an awesome 1st quarter to the epilogue of the series.

Yeah Pierce missing those wide open shots was great but seriously wtf just happened? I went away from the tv to eat dinner, I come back and the Bulls are down 12?

TERRIBLE play over the last 8 minutes of the 2nd quarter...If Da Bulls are going to win this game they need to STOP these terrible swoons where they don't score for 4-7 minutes. I mean 11 points in a quarter?! That has to be our lowest output all season in any regulation quarter.

Well it's all over now with the Bulls down 109-99 with seconds to play. That 1 quarter did us in. Hats off to the Celtics, this was an awesome series. The Bulls need to bring back Ben and keep this team intact. Since the trades to acquire Salmons and Miller this team took fire and they need to build on this success next season.

I'm definitely not upset over this one. The Bulls battled hard all series and made Boston earn every basket. Hopefully we at least tired them out for their next series. If we keep this team intact for next year and maybe pick up one or two more pieces I can see a deep playoff run in the near future for this young team.

How about them Hawks!!!! Going down 2-0 on the road and scoring 5 straight en route to a 6-3 win. Can't say enough good things about this Hawk squad. Now its coming back to the UC where the Hawks can take a commanding lead.

Wow. Another crazy game tonight. Hawks pull the series even at 2-2 after a 2-1 overtime thriller tonight at the United Center. Man the Canucks were intent on just playing solid defense trying for a 1-0 shutout, but Havlat snuck one under Luongo (quickly becoming my least favorite goaltender in the league because he's damn near impossible to score on) to tie it late in the 3rd. It will be interesting to see what happens back in Vancouver on Saturday. I'm just waiting for the Hawks to have a breakout opening period instead of having to score in the 3rd to overcome deficits.

Another great game. Hawks win 4-2! These two teams need to have a boxing match after the Stanley Cup playoffs, it would probably sell out in either city. Man do these guys hate each other and with good reason. There were some interesting penalties and some not called that should have been, but overall it was a good game. I would have loved to see Buff get a hat trick when the Canucks were still sending 6 attackers, though down 2 goals with under a minute to play. Man I'm pumped. I'm going to try and get some tickets to the game Monday to hopefully see the Hawks close out the series in 6 games in Chicago. I'd hate to see this series go back to Vancouver, so the Hawks need to bring their A game.

What a great game tonight!! Great to see Versteeg standing up for himself and Matt Walker stepping up to protect Big Buff. The Bulin Wall was back and standing strong and Kane made a great head fake on that last powerplay to trick the Canuck PK'er and making a nice saucer pass to Dave Bolland for the win. I think the hawks know what they have to do and will win in Chicago on Monday.

Hawks win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7-5 win!!!!!!!! Wow what a shootout this game was. Hanging SEVEN goals on Luongo is incredible. Patty Kane with the hat trick made me smile ear to ear. Now let's see those Wings win tomorrow and renew the rivalry in the Western Conference finals!!

Oh and I bid adieu to Canada as the Hawks sent 2/3 Canadian playoff teams home themselves!

Go hawks!!! What a great game tonight. There were momentary lapses that cost them some goals but they were resilient and answered back strongly. 7 against Luongo is no joke. Hopefully we can avoid the wings lol. I think the wings are the only team I'm still afraid of for the Hawks. I don't care about the Ducks or any eastern team other than Boston.