Geo Soto is a stoner

Maybe this explains his awful start to the 09 season. ESPN is reporting that Soto acknowledged that he tested positive for marijuana at the World Baseball Classic this spring. Here is the article:

Chicago Cubs catcher Geovany Soto said he has been informed by the International Baseball Federation that he tested positive for marijuana at the World Baseball Classic.

"While I fully acknowledge my inappropriate behavior, I want to assure my fans and my family that this was an isolated incident," Soto said in a statement released by the Cubs. "I do not say this to minimize or deflect from my conduct and I fully understand the ramifications of my actions. I have and will accept any and all consequences.

"I am fully dedicated to the game of baseball and my teammates, and I apologize for any distraction and embarrassment this may cause them."

The Cubs released a statement while playing the Tigers in Detroit.

"Geovany assured the organization this was an isolated incident and a misstep in judgment that will not be repeated," the statement read. "Though surprised and disappointed, the club supports Geovany as he takes responsibility for his actions and accepts the consequences."

Soto, who is the reigning National League rookie of the year, played for Puerto Rico in the WBC.

JoeyT_ ]

Hell guys, in Puerto Rico if you walk by the wrong (or right) bars you'll test positive for Mary Jane, not like he was busted juicing or kill someone while driving drunk.

But he is a professional baseball player. He should know better than to mess with weed right now. Please don't sell me the celeb sob story about he should be able to smoke up like everyone else. For the money he makes you can believe I would quit just about anything.