$50 Wireless Router Suggestions?

Well, this happened again: Wireless Router Help . >:( This time we had a power outage and when it came back, the router was fragged, according to the Comcast guy my wife talked to. He also added that they get internet complaints all the time with people using D-Link. He said they are crap.

So I'm done with the cheap friggin D-Link. But I don't need a $150 router either. I am thinking around the $50 range. Any suggestions? Keep in mind, I only need a wireless router to get online via my PS3 and to surf the internet on my laptop.

Comcast suggested Linksys, but I'd like some expert opinions first. Also, is it worth buying that extra warranty? And, Bestbuy has a program where if you buy a router and then pay extra for the Geek squad to install it, they check and make sure everything is working. Including any PS3's and laptops. Is that worth it, or is it a waste of money?

I just got a Linksys 2.4 Gig Wireless router. In fact, its only been hooked up for two days.

But I have the Wireless Printer, The PS3, this laptop and my home computer all running off of it. I have Comcast as well. I Can play on this laptop while my girl is on the Home Computer, and play the PS3 without any problems at all. All at the same time.

Im not sure what it cost individually, It cost me quite a fortune to have everything hooked up, the Plasma mounted on the wall, the surround and all the wires ran. You'd have to look it up. But i can vouche for Comcast that the Linksys has definately seemed to do me right so far.

For that price range I would go with Netgear or Linksys.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat13504&type=page&pageIdentity=searchDriven&useProductString=true&productString=1202648529130*1051826245223*1108125361676&unProductString=1173577562535*1157068454881*1194054018722*1134699413343*1218091194053*1218007084648*1196470792077*1194054018654*1069299946928*1165610667220*1198888971179*1209772398404&catId=abcat0503002

Sgt.JoeFriday ]

Please tell me you hardline your PS3 though?

Nope, wireless. I've never had any issues or complaints. I got the D-Link working again, I had to reset the modem and the router.

But when I do get a new one, do I have to delete anything from my hard drive, or can I just hook up another one and follow the CD instructions?

Sgt.JoeFriday ]

Please tell me you hardline your PS3 though?

Nope, wireless. I've never had any issues or complaints. I got the D-Link working again, I had to reset the modem and the router.

But when I do get a new one, do I have to delete anything from my hard drive, or can I just hook up another one and follow the CD instructions?

Im wireless as well. Friday, it's a misconception that you lag because your wireless dude. I only have DSL, and have never had an issue staying in a room, or lagging.

Might I make a simpler suggestion? I use the one provided by my ISP. Call Comcast and ASK them if they have a wireless Modem........chances are your due for a free upgrade anyhow. I know Time Warner just upgraded their system, and all people that had a non-wireless modem were given a free one.....

Tool_Minion ]

Might I make a simpler suggestion? I use the one provided by my ISP. Call Comcast and ASK them if they have a wireless Modem........chances are your due for a free upgrade anyhow. I know Time Warner just upgraded their system, and all people that had a non-wireless modem were given a free one.....

OK, I'll give'em a call. But you would think the guy my wife talked to would have mentioned that. He was the one who told us our router was screwing up our internet.