New Abigale post on Socom Forums

Hi, Folks-

I hope you have enjoyed seeing some of what we have in store in the upcoming Cold Front DLC. I have had so many requests from people asking that we show you some of it. And we plan to show you a lot more!

As I mentioned before, we are not going to give a time frame for Patch 1.6 or for Cold Front until we have a firm release date. We do have internal target dates and things are looking really good that we are going to hit them. But until we are 100% sure, we won't be releasing that info. I'm sure lots of you remember how things were around here not too long ago when we gave out a time frame and then it had to be changed. We don't want to repeat that.

I am really happy that we are finally able to at least share some details with you about what is to come. I know a lot of you were really anxious to see what was in the works. We will continue to show you more as we get closer and closer to release dates for both Patch 1.6 and Cold Front.

Pretty much the same old same old. Nothing new. ::)

I can tell you when its coming out, there waiting for MW2 or close to its release. It shouldn't be a secret to anyone what their doing. And I hope people honestly think about how we have been treated for over a year and this is how their going to repay their loyal fan base lol. You lost me months ago Slant Six, fortunately for most of us MW2 (now with TPS mode) and MAG will be out soon and I can break this god awful game in half. It's pretty absurd that a game in it's beta stage (MAG) is not only more fun to play but functions better as a beta than a game thats been out for over a year. PS3's ultimate FAIL is Socom Confrontation. What a disappointment.

I've stuck up for this excuse of a game for too long.

Im really getting sick of people comparing and saying that MW2 and MAG are gonna take people from Socom. They are two different types of games. There are alot of people that do not enjoy the scrambled respawn type of play that MW2 and MAG offer. I for one am one of them. I agree that /6 has screwed over the Socom community, but there is no other 3rd person online game that can hold a candle to it. Im not saying that I myself will not purchase either of those 2 games( I will probably have both), but they will not take me completely away from Socom. It may be screwed up in some forms, but it still keeps me glued to my console. Its still a form of SoCrack. Just my 2 cents.

So you are wiling to pass up games you admit may be better to continue to play a piece of shit because they are different? Fuck socom I can't wait for COD because this means I won't ever have to pull out my socom disc again. I'm not going to spend another dollar on this pile. Anything they could possibly give us should've been for free. You think Infinity Ward would release a game incomplete? COD will be a great game. With the added 3rd person modes I'm sure they will entice some of you. I wouldn't be surprised to see them add 3rd person to all game modes once they see the popularity.

MAG won't be a chaotic respawn mess. Neither is COD if you play the right games. Hardcore search and destroy is better than any socom game type.

Prane ]

So you are wiling to pass up games you admit may be better to continue to play a piece of shit because they are different? Fuck socom I can't wait for COD because this means I won't ever have to pull out my socom disc again. I'm not going to spend another dollar on this pile. Anything they could possibly give us should've been for free. You think Infinity Ward would release a game incomplete? COD will be a great game. With the added 3rd person modes I'm sure they will entice some of you. I wouldn't be surprised to see them add 3rd person to all game modes once they see the popularity.

MAG won't be a chaotic respawn mess. Neither is COD if you play the right games. Hardcore search and destroy is better than any socom game type.

heres my lame answer "meh"

Prane ]

I disagree with that. Hardcore S&D was a great mode and I played it exclusively on COD 4 but nothing beat a long 11 (or longer with tie breakers) round battle of demolition for me. The long games are what I enjoyed, the epic battle, the ebb and flow of the momentum. S&D and most other shooter games fail to capture that intensity because the games are either short or respawn.

Prane ]

Well said Prane, myself I am going where the support will be. The next socom by Zipper will I'm sure be epic. But for now while I wait COD and MAG will be my focus simply because the developers will have great support. Patches will be prompt, DLC will be there and not more than a year after the game release to somehow try to salvage the epic fail that was confrontation. Most people that hate on MAG haven't even played it yet, have no idea of how the spawn works, no idea of the immense teamwork it takes to complete an objective over multiple squads, no idea of the realism. The support Zipper has shown in the beta is frankly awesome. Socom is just not the same game I fell in love with folks. Socom Confrontation is the retarded step child of one of the greatest multiplayer online games EVER. Why act satisfied waiting for months for things to be accomplished? 6 or more months for a patch, over a year and counting for DLC LOL. If I took months to complete any task at my job I would fired and rightfully so. I have defended this game up until I couldn't take anymore, every person has a breaking point some hit theirs before I did. RIP for now Socom, hopefully when your birth parents take you back I will try and adopt you once again.

Prane ]

Neither is COD if you play the right games.

WIth all of that rhetoric, you are still going to be adapting COD to more of a Socom style gameplay. Period. Every single thing that you and Snow and everyone else are saying are the EXACT same things people said when the first MW came out. Of course there are a few new points now that they've added "TPS". Yes it's in quotes, because I'll believe it when I see it.

BigMoneyNacku ]
Prane ]

Neither is COD if you play the right games.

WIth all of that rhetoric, you are still going to be adapting COD to more of a Socom style gameplay. Period. Every single thing that you and Snow and everyone else are saying are the EXACT same things people said when the first MW came out. Of course there are a few new points now that they've added "TPS". Yes it's in quotes, because I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm only "adapting" for them to see what they can do on COD. I am cool with every game mode as long as it is hardcore. I think hardcore anything is more realistic than socom. People die within 2 shots no matter what the gun. Also I hate to be starting an argument here. I don't care if you guys just want to continue to play socom thats fine. Myself and Snowbud are merely trying to point out there is life outside of socom. ;)