My Gunnery Sergeant was showing us this lmao

^ that was like JROTC, my recruitment Gunnery Sergeant yells louder than that.

when my cousin was graduating from Paris Island, one of the platoons was drilling and somehow this guy tripped and fell, they were in the first phase of training because they still had gym shoes on but i swear i've never seen anything like it. This guy was like barely 4.5ft tall and went berserk, this is more like it.

That was the best part of that movie! Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Ermy, he was great in Chainsaw Massacre too. His show on the history channel's pretty bad ass to "Lock N' Load". If you havent seen it check it out.

man what some of those DI's say in real life are 100000x's better than Full Metal Jacket. I got in so much trouble on e time when in High School I was about to enlist and I was at MEPS for pooley evaluation, this dumbshit wore thesee red hightop sneakers to run 3 miles in, and man these guys were just LAYING into him, and the shit started crying and man i couldn't hold back after that, my tongue was near bleeding i was biting it so hard. They fucking honed in on me like missiles, and then i nearly started crying LMAO

I got into a shit load of trouble for laughing too. I could never help it. Watching Pvt Pile in that video reminded me of a kid in my company who had to follow my CC 2.5 miles on hands and feet like a dog behind the company with a bag of trash in his mouth. Priceless...

Grandfather was a Cpt in the USMC, stepdad was a Gunny Sgt in the Corps, I grew up with it haha! Like I'm sure a lot of people here are active duty, ex., ret. or just a military brat. You cant wait for it to end while youre there but once you've had some time out you wish you could go back ;D

I think a DI named Baine would make me shit myself. 3 stars badass too. OCS is cool, my older brother just got his bachelors and is working on OCS in the Navy, middle brother is in Iraq right now in the Navy and I'm stationed in Boston.

No, as odd as it may be with marine corps generations and navy brothers I was the first to leave home being the youngest and joined the US Coast Guard with the wishes of my parents. Personally I'm a devil dog at heart but bein a coastie is pretty sweet. Actually had two Gunny DI's come up from Paris Island and work us for a week when I was in boot

I hear you dude. Semper Fi!!! I grew up in Jacksonville, NC almost my entire life. Its the home of Camp Lejeune where I ran every obstacle course, played football, watched 4th of july fireworks, etc. The swimmings only bad when you're doing it about now when the waters 38 degrees and you do your crewman swim test in Boston's Harbor of dead mafia bodies

Growing up around them I know what you mean. I was actually surprised to find out about how much drinking a sailor really does :D :D I must say I love my job

o-Marlne-o ]

Wow brings back memories. I graduated MCRD San Diego in 2001. After MCT I went back to San Diego and was a part of the ceremony for Lee Ermy, when he was promoted to Gunny. I met him and we talked for hours ay his dinner they held there, and he is cool as hell to be around.

That would be awesome! He seemslike an awesome guy ;D

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]

my grandfather was navy commander R. Gracy I callsign grey ghost cause he had grey hair at age 20. tracked russian subs during the cold war. served 25 years

I know you already metioned this to me before lucky but thats still pretty cool :P

Crusty_Demons ]

I got you all beat my father in law is retired from the marine corp and I'm married to the favorite daughter try living up to those expectations. lol I call him the sarge. :police:

I'm in the same boat my friend. Been dating the oldest daughter of a retired Sgt. Major for the last two and half years. Not married yet and I dont call him Sarge but I have gotten in good enough to call him dad ;):)