HD tv help

Here's my suggestion, and it's a sound one. DO NOT GO TO BEST BUY OR ANY BRICK AND MORTAR PLACE LIKE IT!!!

lol... seriously though. Check out www.monoprice.com ... they sell cables at small profits. Places like Best Buy rip you off SO much, its unreal. The markup is just huge. For example, I wanted an ethernet cable to hardwire my PS3 to the modem, which is on another level in my house. A 50 INCH CAT5 was 50$ at best buy. I got a 50 FOOT, YES FOOT, CAT6 cable for $5 plus $3 shipping off monoprice. It's that much of a difference. When it comes to what you need. Nothing special, just your standard HDMI and you're good. Everything is real cheap on monoprice, so you can get the better stuff no problem.

Sgt.JoeFriday ]

Well a nice surround system would be nice.

But ya, HDMI is HDMI. The cost is all that varies.

as for the surround sound system, i'm looking into older threads i know existed....i didn't know if there was one for this subject, so i started my own. ;D

but again, thank you. i just wanted to make sure i didn't have to shell out $$$ for the "monster" cable type of deal.

yeah monoprice.com is where I get all my cables from as well got my 6 foot hdmi for 3 bucks i think it was where walmart was wanting around 40-50 at the time for it. Can't beat the prices. Like Joe said HDMI is HDMI i've had "high end" HDMI stuff and cheap HDMI stuff and you just can't tell a difference the way I see it is you have to think to yourself does my cable saying monster on it really worth 40 bucks to me.

• Directors

I have directs distributorship with a cable company, if you let me know exactly the specs, i can get you a price as well