New PS3, SOCOM Installing Help

I have always played Socom in my living room. Just about 2 weeks ago I decided to set up my ps3 in my bedroom with Socom.

First I had to do an update on the PS3 and then to Socom. I was quite worried about how long it would take as that PS3 is wireless and I had heard all the horror stories of wireless download on Socom. I have a great connection with Fios and 20mb download speed that most of the time does average 18 1/2 MB and wired I am faster than most when i download updates, maps and such.

Well this time I was going wireless. Again I had to update PS3 firmware. Install Socom and updates, then install the map pack. I was shocked at how fast I went. From beginning to end it was just shy of an hour 20 minutes. I can say this is not typical results for wireless. I was quite surprised.

Anyhow as Shane said, you just need to do the install on the disk, then an update and the map pack if you bought it for socom.

I DL'd that game installer first and then loaded the game and DL'd the latest update. Then the the map pack. I didn't screw anything up, did I? I haven't tried to play the game yet.

Also, why are all my stats gone? I don't care at all, but since this is an online game only, I thought they would be stored kinda like my MW2 stats.

Shane ]

Your stats are not got... once you play they will return... I have seen it take up to an hour or so but they will return

OK, cool. That should be the case with any game I play online, correct? My Fat Princess stats are gone, at least they weren't there when I loaded up last night.

Tool_Minion ]
IRISH BULL ]

My Fat Princess stats are gone, at least they weren't there when I loaded up last night.

LMAO, I love it.

What?!! You don't lika some Fat Princess? That game is AWESOME!!! My daughter loves that game. That and Rag Doll Kung Fu.

Actually the reason I'm concerned about the stats, I want to make sure I wasn't missing a step when I started up my new 120gb. Because the only games I've seen so far where the online stats were gone were Fat Princess and SOCOM. Everything else was there as soon as I went online to each game.