Breaking news on Socom Map Pack 2

Well not really! LOL

in fact there has been no news and no map packs...

I did find a rather funny read on the history of the lies over at the PSN boards..

So.. for anyone who wants a good cry, some dude at the Playstation forums put up a mind-numbing collection of the Zipper spokesman's promises on the map pack over the years.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=barracks&thread.id=104934

The best one was "I can say it will be released.... Very Soon!" ::)

yea at this point i cant imagine why they would release them.. those who really wanted them clearly have harassed them to the point that even they are sick of waiting.. i dont know if i would even purchase them at this point.. people make such a big deal about maps that are on S2 disc.. which i have and about 1 time every other month 503 has an S2 night where we get on and scrimmage each other.. then we get to play DG, FF, NS..etc... all the classics that most are complaining about.. never really understood that other then the fact that zipper didnt make good on there promise.. but oh well i would much rather them focus on S4 then some old maps that i already have...kind of like getting Map Pack 1 again... OVERRATED good post though goat.. funny stuff..

Guest MultipleTarget

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Who knows Zipper most likely got pissed off that new people making Socom series.... And Gave up on map packs for ps2 socom

AND HOPEFULLY THEY PUTTING MORE PEOPLE ON MAKING A BETTER SOCOM FOR PS3!!!!

MultipleTarget ]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Who knows Zipper most likely got pissed off that new people making Socom series.... And Gave up on map packs for ps2 socom

AND HOPEFULLY THEY PUTTING MORE PEOPLE ON MAKING A BETTER SOCOM FOR PS3!!!!

Well that could be the case if Zipper weren't Sony. So more then likely they are having Slant 6 do this game while Zipper/Sony make the next SOCOM 4. Who knows...Speculation is the only thing keeping this game popular at all.

It wouldnt surprise me if they release map pack 2 right around the same time that they release confrontation.

The same as they did when the map packs came out for Socom 3.. a month later we had Combined assault...