CoD4 - Socom style

If you can understand that this game isn't Socom and the "clan" community is lacking..... you still can play this close to what Socom offers.

Lastnight we created the private room. We enabled "friendly fire" and played Team Deathmatch with no respawns. I think this is as close as it gets to Socom. The only drawback was that you came back to the lobby after each round but it was easily started right back up to go just about as quick as Socom did between rounds. People that have custom load outs can pick them during the countdown. You would have to incorporate the scoring though into the UF picture. Like we won the first round 60-50 cause we had 1 guy left at the end in a 6v6. Would that give us 1 round and the loser 0? Or would that give us 60 pts for our 6 kills and the loser 50 pts for their 5?

CoD4 in Team Deathmatch with friendly fire on and no respawns plays like "Suppression".

CoD4 in Search & Destroy with friendly fire on and no respawn plays like "Demolition".

Then you have modes like Headquarters & Domination who use "respawn with a goal" that could be implemented as well. Like I said Tow, I'd gladly help test and configure rooms / matches if needed.

VOLCANIC ]

I enjoy the sabotage mode it is like the Demolition mode in CA.  Both teams can plant. 

Yup, your right..... Sabotage is more like Demolition in Socom CA. Search & Destroy is more like Demolition in Socom2. In Sabotage there is a big red "kill arrow" on the person with the bomb though.....

There is MUCH "potential" here for CoD4 in UF.....and the Staff's still testing out all the waters.

IF we're going to give CoD4 the UF-treatment, then we want to make sure we understand the ins and outs to their fullest extent.....which is what we did with Socom.....to make sure problems do not arise down the line.

Your input, however, is being noted.

Guest Stealthknight

The only MAJOR disadvantage its that you will have to create and entirely new war scenario.

From our first war last night I found it a bit dissappointing. Not cause we lost but because i felt the tactical presence WAS NOT there. In socom you have the oppurtunity to adapt after each round and djust your game plan. Her you have 15 min at the most and with constant action the adaption makes very little difference. And a 3 map war makes for a VERY SHORT WAR. I mean in socom i enjoyed my 45 min per map to actually make adjustments and feel the other team out because it wasnt who came in with the best strategy that won, it was the clan with the best adaptability and variable talent.

I think in order to make this game have some strategic value in wars it should be played different then just 3 maps/modes. Each map SHOULD be played 3 times, best of that 3 wins the map. Then move on to the next map and play it 3 times. And the same for the 3rd.

Anything short will I think lead to a very short and dissappointing war. At least on socom if you lose you feel like it was because you could adapt your strategy or you just plain got out played. On here if you lose a 3 map war it feels like u got beat because the got some airstrikes and you dont have time to counter because to be honest once you get a lead in a death match its VERY HARD to come back from so to play it once is to say the first team to get a 5 kill streak and use there airstrike on the correct position wins.

We played iLL Gamers last night and it was a fun match and they are good guys. But it didnt have anykind of the intensity and structure like u get from a socom war.

Guest Stealthknight

Oh and if you turn friendly fire on DONT USE MARTYDOM lol. I ended the first map with a score of -20 points and the game sat e out for 30 seconds because and i quote "Friendly Fire will not be Tolerated"

ShadowOfaSolja ]

We played iLL Gamers last night and it was a fun match and they are good guys.  But it didn't have anykind of the intensity and structure like u get from a socom war.

I agree completely.....  There was nothing "special" about our match lastnight.  Unfortunately "respawn" creates that for many Socom style players.  Thats why we set up a few private matches with no respawns and it was a lot different.  You had that feeling where you'd get nervous about getting killed.  You moved a bit slower, thought a bit more about moves you made....  I don't know, it just made it a bit more enjoyable for me.

Like our war lastnight on Shipment.....  Getting killed meant nothing because in 5 seconds you'd be right back in the thick of things with your respawn.  Same on the 2nd map....  We just got lucky to get up on your guys enough and pin you in the corner with airstrikes and the helicopter until the point limit was reached.

I'm not sure what these UF guys are thinking but I think controlling the respawns is better then playing the maps numerous times.  Respawn is still respawn no matter how many maps you play to determine a winner.

Tow, and all of us staff members are currently checking into ALL of these things to ensure that it would be best for Urgent Fury. Believe me when I say, that if after all the tests are done, and it fits, TOW will make it happen. As TOW said, we appreciate your notes, and we will continue to work hard on this "new area" of UF. We will keep you updated as things progress! ;)

ShadowOfaSolja ]

Oh and if you turn friendly fire on DONT USE MARTYDOM lol. I ended the first map with a score of -20 points and the game sat e out for 30 seconds because and i quote "Friendly Fire will not be Tolerated"

Happens all the time ..lol

I get lots of kills with it, i just try to stay away from the rest of the team.

I actually said that very same EXACT thing last night.....and that's weird, because I know you weren't in the room.

Turned on Socom last night to play it up with those in my clan not yet with a PS3, and when I went back to Socom.....first, the controls were tricky and I kinda sucked LOL....but second, there is a definite "leg-land" feel to Socom now after immersing yourself in the detail of CoD4. That's not to detract from the game of Socom itself....it's just that I am seeing the two as two separate animals.

It was fun to get back to Socom again after a week and a half of CoD4, though.

I missed Fault and Waterworks.