Call of Duty: Black Ops

Information is finally leaking on the upcoming COD 7 title produced by Treyarch.

From wikipedia (as of 4/9/2010)

Call of Duty: Black Ops

The seventh main installment of the series was leaked as being in production when David Kim, a senior animator at Treyarch, stated on a website "I am currently on my second title as a senior animator in the games industry with Activision / Treyarch on Call of Duty 7."[16] The game is rumored to be set during the Vietnam War[17] with missions including the 1980's sieging of the Iranian Embassy[18]. Activision later confirmed that developer Treyarch was working on the next Call of Duty installment, set for release in Autumn of 2010.[19] Numerous "undisclosed sources at Activision" have spoken of the game as being called 'Call of Duty: Black Ops'.[20]

Information leaked being discussed on a YouTube video (this is where I first heard of Black Ops)

Following video posted on 4/8/2010

Some highlights include: (their info is based upon information found on WAW forums)

- Will be called "Call of Duty: Black Ops"

- Story starts at WWII and works up to late 80s

- Custom Killstreaks for each Create-a-class

- A mission based upon Iranian Embassy assault by the SAS

- Treyarch has said they are not "fans" of the "Commando" perk

- Knife will no longer be melee weapon, rather it will be your secondary weapon.

- Developer is not a "fan" of game-ending killstreak rewards - IE: no nukes.

- Killstreaks will not build to other killstreaks. So killstreaks must be earned by gun kills.

- Killstreaks will not "stack". If you die, the killstreak will not earn you any more killstreaks.

- Online stats integrated into the game. see: http://www.callofduty.com/profile/3789199/stats/ (so I guess this will be integrated into the actual game)

Just found the discussion threads started by WAW forum admin - MaTtKs - and Treyarch developer - Vahn.

Killstreak Rewards and Stat Tracking: Click Here

Perks: Click Here

I can't wait to see what Treyarch has up their sleeves. To see what they were able to do with the COD4 engine and the improvements they made... then to give them the MW2 engine.. WHOA! Look out!

I balked at purchasing World at War after Modern Warfare 1, due to the series "backtracking" to WWII again under Treyarch. World at War was a solid game though in the time I played it. Treyarch has actually impressed me more now than Infinity Ward. Infinity Ward simply got lazy with MW2 and though the game has had much success, it is nowhere near the first.

I will be giving Black Ops a fair shot when it releases. If it is a good game it will hold my gaming attention, as the same can be said for the upcoming Socom. I'm really intrigued by the "no commando" approach and non-stacking Kill Streaks. Also the series moving to Vietnam sounds cool and a new horizon.

please treyarch do this

1. NO MORE MP40, SICK OF A ONE GUN GAME

2. YES NO COMMANDO!!!!!!!!1

3. PLEASE NO DEATHSTREAKS, REWARDING PEOPLE FOR SUCKING AT THE GAME, DUMB.

4. WOOHOHHHOOOO KNIFE AS SECONDARY!!!!!!!!!

5. Please fix the lag, im sick of dying around corners.

there are other little things, but i can live with them, just fix these.

If the knife is secondary, the game is going to have a slower pace than MW2, i kind of got the feeling.

WAW had a decent match making system. Treyarch just needs to figure out how to solve the sign out/dashboard/rage quitter epidemic. During the final days of WAW, you couldn't play three games without having the host rage quit. I think the first thing you could do is record disconnects or "leave game"s so this is available for everyone to see.

Many people are also demanding local searches so you don't play people who aren't too far away. Whether this is incorporated into the standard search or as a selection option when you go to play online. Most people wanting this do not live in the United States. (I can't imagine trying to play 2 bars EVERY game).