Halo Reach Cheaters at it ALREADY

• Directors

haloreach1.jpg

The game’s only just come out this morning and already dirty cheaters are plaguing the servers of Halo Reach. But it sounds like Bungie’s about to get serious on all of you.

Issuing a stern warning to cheaters, Bungie says it has a number of new ban hammer tools primed and ready to fire on those that threaten to spoil the multiplayer experience of its precious Halo sendoff.

“Our team is standing at the ready behind the sights of our fully operational Banhammer Battlestation. We take the Reach online experience VERY seriously,” the developer said.

“Bungie has invested years of hard work creating a game that we want our fans to enjoy for years to come and we have zero tolerance for people who try and ruin that experience for others.

“We are already aware of a number of nefarious deeds by a very small percentage of early adopters and we have already been taking action. We expect that a few more will turn up once the population explodes on September 14th. We will be ready, watching, waiting, firing at will on people who deserve it,” it added.

And with the new game comes many new types of ban, so no form of bad behavior is impossible to punish.

“We have all sorts of new fancy tools at our disposal now and as we start to come up to full speed we’ll be engaging all of them,” Bungie added. “Voice bans, host bans, console bans, gamertag bans, credit bans and the automatic habitual quitter penalty are but a few of our sharply honed weapons hungering for blood.”

You have been warned. Don’t ruin the fun.

gfx.php?type=thumbs&value=0

Score: 0 (0 votes cast)

powered.png

Urgent Fury Command: digg.png sphinn.png delicious.png facebook.png mixx.png googlebookmark.png blogospherenews.png email_link.pnglinkedin.png live.png msnreporter.png myspace.png pdf.png twitter.png yahoomyweb.png yahoobuzz.png blogplay.png diigo.png dotnetkicks.png friendfeed.png linkagogo.png linkarena.png myshare.png ping.png yiggit.png addtofavorites.png

More...

I think anyone that cheats on any video game should have that console, not just the username, BANNED for life. Sad that a game just launched and people have to cheat on it. It's nice to see a Game Dev take a major stance against this and I hope they follow through. It will certainly set an example for our favorite games/game developers to follow (Zipper, EA, Infinity Ward, Activision, etc). Games should be about the legitimate and honest gamers, get rid of the bad apples.

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

o-BacklasH-o;816577']I think anyone that cheats on any video game should have that console' date=' not just the username, BANNED for life. Sad that a game just launched and people have to cheat on it. It's nice to see a Game Dev take a major stance against this and I hope they follow through. It will certainly set an example for our favorite games/game developers to follow (Zipper, EA, Infinity Ward, Activision, etc). Games should be about the legitimate and honest gamers, get rid of the bad apples.[/quote']

I agree. It would suck for kids in a shared household where one kid cheats and maybe others don't, or the kid cheats and then Dad is like "WTF did you do" when he can't play online anymore. Maybe not a perm ban, but something to make people really reconsider. 1 month first infraction, 3 months second, 3rd infraction = your out. I bet it would really cut the cheating out almost completely.

One problem I see: what happens if your ps3 dies and you pick up something used at gamestop or on ebay, only to find out later it's blacklisted.

I'm sure there can be a way that makes the console appear "blacklisted" at game stores. Maybe they can make a file with the serials of blacklisted PS3's LOL. Kind of like Elaine in Seinfeld when she gets blacklisted from every Doctor for being a "difficult" patient and trying to steal her file.