Activision could pull PSN support for COD???

From: http://jasonkoblovsky.blogspot.com/2011/01/activision-threatens-to-pull-psn.html

I (like the majority of Call of Duty Black Op's PS3 gamers) have been experiencing a huge number of connection problems for the past 3 month of release of this game. I've been in dialog with Activision with respect to the problems associated with this game, and following the call of duty forums (PS3 forums are filled to the max daily on complaints with connection problems with the multi-player of this game). I've posed some questions with respect to what Activision and Treyarch are going to do to keep the loyalty of the PS3 gamers to the Call of Duty titles due to the consistent problems PS3 users have been having and reporting to Treyarch since release. Activision offered the following and startling response:

Well I have nothing else to offer and I too follow forums and have many friends who play and enjoy the game for all of its features. As an avid gamer, I would also disagree with any legalities involving a single aspect of a game as online experience may change at any time.
The publishers have the right to shut down the servers for their game at any time as well which based on the number of reported posts from users may be a viable solution over the free PSN.

In any event, if you would like to send your game disc into us, we can either;

a) Exchange for a sealed (unopened) copy of the game that you can take back to the retailer

B)

Swap for another platform

c) Exchange for another Activision title of equal or lesser value.

These are the options that we are able to offer to you as a one time courtesy.

Let us know how you would like to proceed.

My Response:

So what essentially your telling me here, is that you've released a product that is known to have some major connection issues, and a threat here to the gaming community to keep their mouth shut, or the publisher might exercise it's rights to pull support for PSN?

I'm not going to accept or decline your offer at this time, however do have the legal right to accept the offer should the publisher pull support for PSN, or the next patch 1.06 forthcoming from the developer does not fix the connection issues with the free multilayer advertised with the shipped game, ON ALL PLATFORMS!

Considering this stunning threat from you on the PSN networks, if I chose to accept your offer it will be with option 1. I will never purchase an activision game again ever on any platform. I strongly disagree with punishing the users for mistakes made during the development process, and know several consumer advocates here in Canada that would be very interested in what you wrote here.

All gamers want is what they purchased here with the game, and able to enjoy it. So far I've seen nothing in respecting the PS3 gaming community on any front from activision, nor by treyarch on this. If you guys had issues with respect to PSN than it should have been a strictly XBOX PC release. I could seriously see some very strong legal challenges coming your way from the gamer community if PSN support is yanked after release. You can count on that.

Edited by Pillorian

Zipper rules the PS3 anyways... And after the release of Socom 4 all other shooter games are meaningless to me.

Well lets keep our fingers crossed..Id love to be over the top excited BUT im more cautiously waiting. I really hope Zipper delivers. I want the old socom feeling back

It's just more proof that Activision sucks Microsoft's d**k! For a mod to make that comment on a forum just shows that company doesn't give shit about Sony. They don't pay enough.

But I really don't care. SOCOM 4 is comng out in April and the beta in March. Activision and Treyarch can suck it!!

Hell, Modern Warfare: Domination is just as much fun, and it was 6 friggin dollars!!

Treyarch’s community manager, Josh Olin, has hit the Twitter airwaves to confirm the studio are committed to Call of Duty: Black Ops on PlayStation 3.

Olin wrote: “PS3 servers comments were taken out of context. Treyarch’s committed to supporting the PS3 community with some great updates on the way.â€

And that’s the end of that chapter.

Edited by Nemesis

If I'm not mistaken Infinity Ward had nothing to do with the development of Black Ops.

You are correct. Infinity Ward is done with the Call of Duty franchise altogether. MW3 will be developed by 3 different companies (none being IW).

Also as I posted on the VR forums...this is simply one of the worst PR moves I have ever seen. They will not close the servers down at any point, but to threaten it? That just got somebody fired lol. In some bizarro world that they do shut the servers down on the PSN, it won't be until after they milk the DLC cash cow a few times lol. I just don't get why it is so hard for a game to work flawlessly in terms of connectivity/latency on one system, but not on another. Modern Warfare 1 was crappy on the PSN, but great on XBL. MW2 was horribly broken on XBL, but great on the PSN. Black Ops is great on XBL, but the PSN has TONS of issues with host migration, connections, parties, etc.

Fuck Black ops. It is horrible and treyarch and activision both know they made a broken ass game. Why cant companies make a game that can last a couple years instead of trying to make a game that will just hang them over until the next years relase seriously i mean they could of done so much more with MW2 but no all they care about was making another fucking game that can steal $60 from us gamers. I played the hell out of MW2 just like the rest of you guys and seriously i have played maybe a total of 5 hours of this game just because i get aggrivated not being able to connect to games or with my friends.

You are correct. Infinity Ward is done with the Call of Duty franchise altogether. MW3 will be developed by 3 different companies (none being IW).

It was my understanding from what I've read/heard the MW3 will be developed by Sledgehammer and IW (SP) then Raven Software will be doing the MP (the have played a role in all of the MP side of CODs since MW1)

Fuck Black ops. It is horrible and treyarch and activision both know they made a broken ass game. Why cant companies make a game that can last a couple years instead of trying to make a game that will just hang them over until the next years relase seriously i mean they could of done so much more with MW2 but no all they care about was making another fucking game that can steal $60 from us gamers. I played the hell out of MW2 just like the rest of you guys and seriously i have played maybe a total of 5 hours of this game just because i get aggrivated not being able to connect to games or with my friends.

Make sure that your NAT is set to OPEN. This will solve most of your connect/disconnect and party issues. I've also found that when someone is missing when you "back out with party" it is best to just restart the party. So when I host, pretty much evertime we loose eachother I restart the party.

Its not my NAT type cause it is always open. Its just the piece of shit COD. I truely dislike this game in which i had waited for the midnight release and shit and spend my money for this game and yet its collecting dust because its a broken game. Some things in this game are quite cool like the customization and things like that but the game play is old school and the graphics are horrible i wish they would create a game that will last 2-3 years that they fill up with tons of DLC i would buy every fucking map pack or weapon set or anything like that if i knew it kept on making that game that much better but no it doesnt work that way. They rather just fill the void unil the next release and its fucked up.