The real reason.............

yea i loved socom 2, 503 was a Fox Hunt clan.. but i dont want it back. Just lookin at the graphics and reticle makes me glad i dont play these anymore.. lol sorry to those who feel different .. also it was confirmed to me that at this time Socom 2 Hi Def remake wasnt being made and if so , it wouldnt be made by Zipper.. which right there stands to fail if you ask me.

• Directors

First....this is just a very small example of why you NEED to watch "Mad Men". Such a great show.

Second....that video is brilliant.

With the imminent launch of SOCOM 4, and with all of the talk about how far removed the current product is from SOCOM 2....

I've struggled a bit to find the words to express my position on the whole thing. But, after watching this video....I think I've figured it out.

I believe the narrative gave us all the answers we need, to make peace with the fact, that we'll never have the same SOCOM again. Or at least the same SOCOM experience.

As he pointed out, nostalgia is delicate, but very potent.

I think about my past constantly. About how things used to be "back in the day". When my mom was still alive, and how fun & free it was to be young, and have my whole life ahead of me. I think about it sometimes, and it almost brings me to tears.

Then I look around and think about how boring it would be, to have never grown up. About how I would have never gotten married, had kids, coached little league, worked in radio, or any of the other things I've been fortunate enough to experience.

I agree that nostalgia is a carousel. It goes around in the same direction. Where you can revisit the fond memories of "what once was".

Like I said...it's enough sometimes to bring most folks to tears.

The only problem I have with all of this talk of "nostalgia" & "carousels"...is that you get nowhere. You stay trapped in limbo, trying to recapture that magical feeling, instead of making new memories.

Innovation is nostalgia's younger, more daring cousin. It scares or confuses people, because it's unpredictable, and new.

I like riding the carousel every once and a while...but sometimes, I want to ride the roller coaster.

I want to veer away from the safety and familiarity of the carousel. And do something that scares me a little (thanks ER).

To experience something new & different.

SOCOM used to be more than a game. It was a social experience. It literally changed the way people game online. It brought together people from all over the world. And created millions of friendships, that is some cases, may last a lifetime.

Times have changed. Now, a younger more "I want it now" generation of gamers, are the people who buy games. They don't care about how cool SOCOM used to be. They just want to get their prestige, or pad their ranks. Instead of shoot it up with people they genuinely care about.

And Zipper Interactive's had it tough IMO. No matter how much we've complained about them. They've always tried to accommodate SOCOM's fanbase.

But, we have to remember, that they have to be able to compete with the COD crowd. This is a very important release for SOCOM.

So let's face it...they have to choose between staying on the carousel or taking a chance with the roller coaster.

I really miss the good old days of SOCOM too....but I can't wait for SOCOM 4.

Viper you spoke very well on this subject. That is the same thing i see in that video.

SOCOM 2 was a great game. If they had kept updating it and pumping out a game or two every year like COD, the two wouldn't be any different sales wise. I can't wait for SOCOM 4 as well, I just hope there is still a SOCOM feel to it.

First....this is just a very small example of why you NEED to watch "Mad Men". Such a great show.

Second....that video is brilliant.

With the imminent launch of SOCOM 4, and with all of the talk about how far removed the current product is from SOCOM 2....

I've struggled a bit to find the words to express my position on the whole thing. But, after watching this video....I think I've figured it out.

I believe the narrative gave us all the answers we need, to make peace with the fact, that we'll never have the same SOCOM again. Or at least the same SOCOM experience.

As he pointed out, nostalgia is delicate, but very potent.

I think about my past constantly. About how things used to be "back in the day". When my mom was still alive, and how fun & free it was to be young, and have my whole life ahead of me. I think about it sometimes, and it almost brings me to tears.

Then I look around and think about how boring it would be, to have never grown up. About how I would have never gotten married, had kids, coached little league, worked in radio, or any of the other things I've been fortunate enough to experience.

I agree that nostalgia is a carousel. It goes around in the same direction. Where you can revisit the fond memories of "what once was".

Like I said...it's enough sometimes to bring most folks to tears.

The only problem I have with all of this talk of "nostalgia" & "carousels"...is that you get nowhere. You stay trapped in limbo, trying to recapture that magical feeling, instead of making new memories.

Innovation is nostalgia's younger, more daring cousin. It scares or confuses people, because it's unpredictable, and new.

I like riding the carousel every once and a while...but sometimes, I want to ride the roller coaster.

I want to veer away from the safety and familiarity of the carousel. And do something that scares me a little (thanks ER).

To experience something new & different.

SOCOM used to be more than a game. It was a social experience. It literally changed the way people game online. It brought together people from all over the world. And created millions of friendships, that is some cases, may last a lifetime.

Times have changed. Now, a younger more "I want it now" generation of gamers, are the people who buy games. They don't care about how cool SOCOM used to be. They just want to get their prestige, or pad their ranks. Instead of shoot it up with people they genuinely care about.

And Zipper Interactive's had it tough IMO. No matter how much we've complained about them. They've always tried to accommodate SOCOM's fanbase.

But, we have to remember, that they have to be able to compete with the COD crowd. This is a very important release for SOCOM.

So let's face it...they have to choose between staying on the carousel or taking a chance with the roller coaster.

I really miss the good old days of SOCOM too....but I can't wait for SOCOM 4.

Great post Viper.

And I agree with you. I deal with this kinda of thinking all the time in my profession. It's called "old school" thinking. Hell, I worked with a guy who refused to give up his .38 Special because he didn't want to change.

You could never explain to him that a semi-auto is obviously more tactical. He would just say "This works for me." OK, I get that, but you HAVE to change with the times to stay ahead or at least be on par with everyone else.

I will never be an old school thinking kinda guy. If in the future everyone is carrying laser guns and some people are still carrying regular bullet guns, I'll take the laser gun and toss those bullets in a heart attack second.

Not changing with the times becomes very, very, stagnant. Changing with the times is called progress.

I can appreciate what you SOCOM vets had with SOCOM 2, but times are a changing. And you either accept that, or you will get left behind.