Doing great things.

Hey everyone -

Every once in a while, I pop in here and check out what's going on...or pop in with some stuff I like or something I'm supporting.

For a few months now, but really in only 2-3 threads, I've talked about comics, comic conventions, and something cool called wwwComicsPipeline.com -

- something I may not have mentioned about it in the past is that it's my company that I started just one year ago. Well, mine with 3 other partners that I believe in and vice versa. We're doing some great things with some really great top-tier creators of the comic book and entertainment industry, and it finally came to some physical fruition at this past weekend's Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo, or "C2E2." We met lots of great con-goers and fans of the wicked creators that represented our booth. We really put ourselves out there but, most importantly to me this particular weekend of it all, we used our ability to rally and organize these seemingly unconnected group of creators from one another, and have them ban together to produce an amazing, unique mash-up of art that we put up for raffle throughout the weekend of the con. Each of the three days, top creators from various companies and various books got together and did something incredible...they created something to which all proceeds from the raffle are being delivered by Comics Pipeline to the Red Cross Japan Relief Effort.

Simple, $2 raffle tickets were sold to con-goers who wanted to support the effort...with the option to buy batches of tickets, of course....and the response for a brand new player in the comic book world (us) was immeasurable. It was surely bolstered by the star power of our creators...but we felt proud to be the catalyst for this incredible effort.

We haven't tallied the final that we're sending to Red Cross just yet, as we're still coming down from the con as well as breaking down booth materials and such...but the pictures of the event try their best to come close to expressing the excitement of the crowd. Those wanting to win this amazing mash of artistry and, more importantly, the ones who I knew bought tickets just to help those struggling for their lives in Japan.

I thought I would share some goodness....because goodness is good. :thumb:

http://www.facebook.com/ComicsPipeline?sk=photos

- TOW