PS3 Read Disc Help!

OK, HERE'S THE DEAL:

The Best Buy's around my area do NOT have my 60G PS3 anymore....

They only have the 40G.

Realistically, I don't believe I will EVER need a full 60G, so I won't miss the memory.

They DID say, however, that the 40G is not backwards compatible...which shouldn't be a problem also.

The 40G they say is STILL wireless, which is a plus....but is missing the SD card option, which I don't believe I will need. I've got a computer, a thumb drive and a digital picture frame for any pics I want to show off from an SD card.

With that being said, is there ANYTHING else I'd be missing if I just exchanged my 60G for a 40G, with Best Buy telling me they will give me a gift card for the diff between the two systems ($100) as well as the diff in my warranty I bought?

OKAY.....My WONDERFUL day at Best Buy!

(And no, that wasn't sarcastic!)

So, I went to exchange inmy 60G for a 40G because the 60Gs are no longer made.

I did not want to wait to send it into Sony to fix.

> SO, without hassle, Best Buy exchanged my system for a new one, sacrificing 20G that, at the rate I'm going, will NEVER use. I have a computer with 500G for such matters.

> When exchanging, the salesman tells me that their 40G is going through a promotion right now. They have a 40G system with Spider-Man 3 in the box AS WELL AS a copy of "Lair" that comes with it. Yes, reviews state that this isn't the BEST game out there, but hell, I like dragons.

> I got a $112.00 gift card, which I'll readily use soon, for the difference between the two systems. Realistically, when I purchased by 60G for the reduced price of $499, I would have bought the 40G at $399 if it was available at the time....so I win by time machine default! LOL

> I get a NEW 2-year warranty that starts today that matched prices with my pro-rated 2-year agreement on the 60G that I bought. Even Steven.

> I also got ANOTHER rebate offer receipt for 5 MORE Blu-Ray movies with movies on a list that are completely different from the 5 I received, ironically, just YESTERDAY in the mail finally from my first 60G purchase. So I'll get a total of TEN when all is said and done.

> I was first in a Returns line that, when I was in the middle of my business with the li'l lady, had amassed about 12 people behind me waiting impatiently while I was smiling and joking with the girl on my new fortunes.

> I "accidentally forgot" to put the controller's re-charge USB cord back in the box when I was repackaging, so now I have two, one for each controller I have. ;D

> The entire process took only 40 minutes of my lunch break and I was back in time to write out this post comfortably.

> On the way back in my car, as soon as I turned my car on, the DJ on the radio station Q101.1 promptly announced she would be playing a text request from a listener named "Nick" and he requested something from TOOL, so she played "46 and 2."

Life....for me......was really really great today.

And here I was dreading my Best Buy visit all night last night! LOL

I'm good with the 40G. Don't need the 80G. Hell, didn't even need the 60G. It's just the one I bought because it was the one that was out.

I'm completely satisfied with my purchase and had NO plans to go back and play PS2 games.....so I'm AAAAALL golden!

Thanks for all the help, everyone.

I'm a new system, six movies, one game and a Tool song happier than I was an hour ago!

Guest MultipleTarget

i kept my old Hard drive and when they gave me the new ps3 i just put the old in there and all my stats and saved games were there

The only thing i had to do is make another internet con Bcuz it kept saying it was made on another ps3.....

Thats all

So i pulled out my 80g hard drive walk inside best buy they gave me a new one Walked outside took out the new hard drive put in my old one and then walked right back in and told em i forgot i had taken out the hard drive so here it is and since there is nothing saying anywere that you cant take your hard drive out with braking any seals or anything they said thank you and i walked out happy

I was worried about the account stuff as well, Sid.....but I simply set up my network on the new system, typed in my login info (not my online game name, but the ACCOUNT name that is all the way on the LEFT of the network options) and it retrieved everything right away just fine.

Undertow ]

I was worried about the account stuff as well, Sid.....but I simply set up my network on the new system, typed in my login info (not my online game name, but the ACCOUNT name that is all the way on the LEFT of the network options) and it retrieved everything right away just fine.

I know it has been said over and over again- But this IS one of the most helpful communities I have EVER been apart of.

My guy was grinding all morning on COD so he could get his tag, calling everyone to get them to send invites lol This was big help! Poof back to having his full list and rank.

Thanks Tow!

US25