New SOCOM: Confrontation details from PS Informant email

I didn't see this posted yet here..I got a email from PS Informant with this information:

The latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM) has revealed a load of new details regarding Slant Six Games' SOCOM: Confrontation. This title is the latest entry in the third-person tactical shooter franchise and will be available for the Sony PlayStation 3.

First off, the maps are bigger in SOCOM: Confrontation. These big maps will be sectioned off to allow for additional smaller close combat maps, however. Rooftops have also become more accessible.

Cover is also a big thing in this new title. There's no snap-to cover, but players will instead be able to tilt their controllers forward in order to lean against a wall. There's also a new sprint option that will let players run for an infinite amount of time. While this may sound unbalanced, players will not be able to shoot while sprinting. It will also take players a moment to pull their guns back up and fire accurately.

Due to the sprinting option, there will be no vehicles in SOCOM: Confrontation. Fog has also been removed, but snipers won't be overpowered thanks to the sheer number of cover options in the game. Physics-based grenades are also in the game, so players can now choose to either throw a grenade or just roll it towards an enemy.

Clan customization options have also been beefed up with special camo patterns and insignias. Clan management through socom.com has also been simplified. Matches between clans are now done automatically to minimize the chances of one clan customizing the game to their advantage. Custom clan matches are still available, but clan rank won't rise as fast.

Well, there you have it. Sounds like SOCOM: Confrontation will be one hell of a treat for tactical shooter fans. The game is currently slated for a September 16 release, to watch out for it.

sounding more and more like a CoD "copy".

Designer 1: "Let's take speed out of the game, punish players for moving too quickly"

Designer 2: "But that will encourage people to camp, why would you sprint if you can't hit anything when you get there?"

Designer 1: "That's the point, you won't sprint. You will hide like a sissy until somone impatient player ventures into your crosshairs and then you will pwn them and you will be da man, loved and worshiped by all."

Designer 2: "By God you are right, that must the reason I am Designer 2, you are so wise."

I thought we were suppossed to be going back what made SOCOM more popular. Save the "you can't hit anything while sprinting" arguement. This is a game, if you want realistic join the military. And anything they do to encourge people not to move as quickly as possible to gain an advantage will only slow the game more. I was so excited for the release of this game, but now I am really worried I won't like it.

Sprint button stuff, special "perks for clans", those are two things that are pretty similar(spelt wrong) to cod4. Who knows though, we just have to wait until the game comes out.

***Side Note***

If anyone wants the MGS beta, you need to go pre-order it from gamestop before they run out. The beta starts later this month.

igotamic ]

Sprint button stuff, special "perks for clans", those are two things that are pretty similar(spelt wrong) to cod4. Who knows though, we just have to wait until the game comes out.

***Side Note***

If anyone wants the MGS beta, you need to go pre-order it from gamestop before they run out. The beta starts later this month.

I dunno. You kinda could see the sprint button coming. It was a topic that has resurfaced alot over on the ps forums. So copy or no? Maybe. But needed since they took out the vehicles. Which is awesome, btw. I don't see how "perksfor clans" is similiar at all. Other than both use the word perks. Socom has always had stellar clan support. Seems logical to me to take it to the next step. Giving you different clothing/weapon options for choosing different armed forces is absolutely what socom should have done before. Quite a few games are starting to follow now too.

Besides, if you change a few things in COD: take away being centered around respawn, make it 3rd person, and include awesome clan support, BEING ABLE TO MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN ROOMS IN YOUR OWN DAMN SERVERS, would you really ever put it down? ;) ;D ;D

I'm not trying to make Confrontation look bad either, they are the one's screwing up hit detection. I think it's a monumental mistake for the reasons I stated. SOCOM was king during SOCOM 2, while I like bigger maps and vehicles, I can live without them. But forcing me to play a certain way because I can't hit my target after moving quickly is a step backwards.

HogWild ]

I'm not trying to make Confrontation look bad either, they are the one's screwing up hit detection. I think it's a monumental mistake for the reasons I stated. SOCOM was king during SOCOM 2, while I like bigger maps and vehicles, I can live without them. But forcing me to play a certain way because I can't hit my target after moving quickly is a step backwards.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the sprint feature... hella hard to snipe someone who's got a variable move speed!