DLC MAPS Review

As you all know x-box got the dlc already. I figured whats ten bucks so I bought them. Here is my half assed review.

Now at first 3 or the 4 maps seem way too big. Once you get playing on them, they are about the perfect size. The general feel of the three maps is multiple levels.

Creek: This map is sick. LOADS of cover. A whole area of blown up houses that weren't really mentioned in the stories I read. Seems to be a very balanced map with multiple routes to navigate. It is definately a map for all the snipers out there. The cover isn't so bad that it will become a campers map either.

Broadcast: This is my favorite map so far. Very wide open and close quarters all at the same time. Again Multiple elevations to shoot down on enemies. It also has a fairly large outside area. It is very fast paced with no real "safe" spots to hide out. Keep moving or yer gonna get got.

Chinatown: Another good map. There is an insane amount of buildings to go into. the bonus is, alot of them have english names on them so calling out enemies is fairly easy. There is only one area that is somewhat open. The rest of it is tight fighting in builings and on the street and alleys. The only down side to this map, is I can see it becoming a campers dream. A few claymores and a wingman, you can sit in the same place forever.

KillZone: IMO, this is a worthless map. It's about the size of shipment. You can only play a couple game modes on it it's so small. Really it's the warehouse at the beginning of the game where you have to run that obstacle course. It looks great, it just needed to be bigger. APC's knife room would be a fun time in here, but other than team tactical, there isn't alot of use for this map.

3 out of 4 maps are great, but one is worthless. So maybe 10 bucks is a little steep. However the 3 are a fuggin blast so it's worth getting as soon as it drops. Overall I'd give it a 8/10.

It's too bad that they weren't released free. Creek, Broadcast, and China Town would have excellent maps for Urgent Fury tournaments. Hopefully soon, they'll let them go free like they did with Halo3.

I somewhat agree..

Broadcast is an AWESOME map. The only thing I hate is that in public rooms, all you're gonna face are shotguns and martyrdom. It gets annoying. I still love this map. It has a gigantic outside area and so many open halls and tunnels that were hidden in the single player. I love what they did to it.

Chinatown is my favorite. Graphically it's awesome and there tons of places to hide. It's CQC but so much fun at the same time. Loads of buildings and staircases to go up so you never know what lurks around you. There's some turrets in good spots and cars that can be useful in intense fights.

KillZone... ??? It's alright... but with an almost empty playlist for it, what's the point.

Personally, I kind of hate Creek. Maybe it's the fact that it was a public room where everyone does as they please so we had 50 snipers on our team. It has the potential for a great map because of the elevation levels and tunnels and such, but from what I've played, it bother me. I DO like the waterfall though.. it's pretty.

Play them in a private match..!

I believe ALL modes are available for Killhouse. (free for all, was fun as hell)

We had a private match last night, & it was the most fun i've had in while on CoD4.

I think im pretty much done with the Pubby's.

Setting the health meter to "Half" was really good too.!

Not so small as "miniscule" in hardcore, but not as big as "Full" in regular rooms.. Just the right amount it seemed.

If you had skill you still got kills without having to put a whole clip into them, & I never got punked by a lagger turning around & killing me while I was shooting him in the back ;D

Well throw me up some invites whenever you play and I'm online. Or even just send me a PM if you need some people. I'm always on my computer (some life I have) and I check the live website constantly. It may be good to play with people that aren't... public room people. :P I need to be in a more controlled environment