Has Anyone Played the BF:BC Demo?

Guest Live2Reap

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IrshZ28 ]

The XBOX guys gave it a thumbs down back when the demo came out on LIVE.

http://www.urgentfury.com/uf_forum/index.php?topic=6802.0

Yep, I didn't care for it at all. Seems like they took a step BACKWARDS. :(

IMO, the first one is still the best of that series.

Guest SuddenRedScare

Five minutes into the online beta is literally pulled the plug on the 360 so I could throw in a more formidable game. MVP 2005 for the XBOX, ftw. 8)

from what i heard the demo thats out right now was the old pc beta, just fixxed a bit for console so it isnt the final product, this is just to show people how much stuff u can blow up, it makes no sense when u shoot someone with a tank and there is no splash damage. i reserved it, i have been a fan of BF series since bf1942 so im still getting it.

Public-Defender- ]

I played The demo after I reserved the gold edition & I must say Im not that happy.

Everything seem so plain. Its not in the same ballpark as Socom or Cod4

Big Money I love your sig!!!!!

Who's tha masta? ;D

I am!!!

Thanks man. Our webmaster, BGCntry, made it for me.

WiZ ]
IrshZ28 ]

The XBOX guys gave it a thumbs down back when the demo came out on LIVE.

I thought it was horrible. I would rather play the PS2 version..... a HUGE step backwards in my opinion.

I knew I couldn't have been the only one who thought that!! It is a big step backwards.

Guest Live2Reap

I dont see why when you play a Battlefield you have to know what your getting and it takes REAL skill to be good at it AND win this is one of the few games where it is physically impossible to win on your own It is faster than Socom but slower than COD4 and unlike both of them everything has a purpose in this game and when you play as a clan everyone has a purpose there is no one good player wins it all no ace in the hole it all comes down to 2 things teamwork and strategy.

And for the people who went off of what the xboxers say who is to say their version is the exact same as ours and besides it really isnt that bad the graphics arent worse than COD's they are in a differnent style it is a grity dirtier style that fits the game well and for destructability aside from actually bringing the building down everything on the building can be destroyed. I have been inside of buildings and had entire walls blown out by tank shells and leme tell you it scares the FUCK out of you lol and the destruction isnt limited to just buildings, you can also destroy trees and shrubbery aswell and when artilery comes down it leaves the battlefield littered with impact craters!

I think that this game is being judged rather harshly off a pre-demo on the 5th when everyone else get the demo we even get a new mode to play around with.

the ONLY complaint I have with the game is that I think control scheme for flying the choppers was designed by A 2 Year old! There is NO lag in the online demo(PS3 version) and the only problem with the online is that the mics get dropped after a few games(which is easily fixable)

I think everyone needs to just sit down on the 5th and spend some quality time with this demo and formulate THIER OWN opinions of this game and remember that this IS a demo.

*edit* I have been just been informed that the demo is indeed begining to lag which is strange to me cause it was lag-free all weekend(during peak hours of all things?)

Live2Reap ]

I dont see why when you play a Battlefield you have to know what your getting and it takes REAL skill to be good at it AND win this is one of the few games where it is physically impossible to win on your own It is faster than Socom but slower than COD4 and unlike both of them everything has a purpose in this game and when you play as a clan everyone has a purpose there is no one good player wins it all no ace in the hole it all comes down to 2 things teamwork and strategy.

And for the people who went off of what the xboxers say who is to say their version is the exact same as ours and besides it really isnt that bad the graphics arent worse than COD's they are in a differnent style it is a grity dirtier style that fits the game well and for destructability aside from actually bringing the building down everything on the building can be destroyed. I have been inside of buildings and had entire walls blown out by tank shells and leme tell you it scares the FUCK out of you lol and the destruction isnt limited to just buildings, you can also destroy trees and shrubbery aswell and when artilery comes down it leaves the battlefield littered with impact craters!

I think that this game is being judged rather harshly off a pre-demo on the 5th when everyone else get the demo we even get a new mode to play around with.

the ONLY complaint I have with the game is that I think control scheme for flying the choppers was designed by A 2 Year old! There is NO lag in the online demo(PS3 version) and the only problem with the online is that the mics get dropped after a few games(which is easily fixable)

I think everyone needs to just sit down on the 5th and spend some quality time with this demo and formulate THIER OWN opinions of this game and remember that this IS a demo.

*edit* I have been just been informed that the demo is indeed begining to lag which is strange to me cause it was lag-free all weekend(during peak hours of all things?)

Well, clearly the only opinions your gonna get are that of people who have played it on the 360 and the demo WAS & IS garbage. I guess your playing the PS3 demo before us so we can't comment on that one. I have the 360 version and was VERY disappointed. I will download the PS3 version when Im able and post again.

WiZ ]
Live2Reap ]

maybee we are playin a different game lol

lol, judging on how geeked up you are about and from what I saw in the 360 demo.... we have to be! :)

No doubt. I deleted the demo very shortly after downloading it. :(

Guest Live2Reap

hell yeah lol my whole clan is geeked up about this game it is gonna be awesome for clans because you can diversify sO much everyone plays a different part in the game and you can do so much in terms of strategy its crazy

although it does take some getting used to(esspecially if you REALLY REALLY like COD4)

Guest [iLL] Andawg

Um, other then the usual EA server issues(You'd think with the money EA makes they could use servers that work) I think the gameplay on the PS3 Demo version is really good. Hit detection is a little off, You have to shoot someone a lot to kill them(can you say SOCOM 2)

I'm looking forward to the game.

Guest M16Assassin

well reap its just you and me I guess. I personally love the demo online! Been playing it for like 3 hours now on 1 game mode and on 1 map. I think it is fantastic. Blows COD4 away!

Prane ]

well reap its just you and me I guess. I personally love the demo online! Been playing it for like 3 hours now on 1 game mode and on 1 map. I think it is fantastic. Blows COD4 away!

It does have some fun points. I like sniping in this game better than COD4. I like the size of maps and getting that 1000 yard kill.