No it doesn't need to be monitored like that.. it works just like the forums.

Only registered users can use it & all you have to do is scroll up (check history) to see what was said, for any flame wars..

If anyone has a dispute about a war (not war of 1812. lol) they should make a post in a rep section anyway.

Chili-Palmer ]

No it doesn't need to be monitored like that.. it works just like the forums.

Only registered users can use it & all you have to do is scroll up (check history) to see what was said, for any flame wars..

If anyone has a dispute about a war (not war of 1812. lol) they should make a post in a rep section anyway.

correct, the shoutbox should be used for more of spam purposes.

BGCNTRY ]

I have two shout box programs for the Blunt Force forums, one has all the features of banning IP's and making matches and so on (hell its even a flash chat box) and I have the strait up html chat box.

I have put both of these chat boxes on our site and we took them down for good because people really do stop posting in the forums, you can say all day that it won't effect you but in reality it does, you will check the forum, scroll though the shouts and then leave. Shout boxes are great don't get me wrong but I think if they are going to be used in a place like this then it should be for specific reason........such as

creating the shoutbox within a baseball thread so that it is only used for that thread

or doing the same thing for fanatsy football

Or set it up so that it is used for pre-war discusion of rules, clan check-in, etc, etc

or use it for a who's online thread

but it is a bad idea to put a shout box up on the main forum

you set a shoutbox/chatbox up in certain threads in admin and if anyone needs help doing this just let me know.

But thats my opinion on this

Yet another voice of reason. ;D

That earns you a foot rub when you back off the boat Country. :o

Guest SuddenRedScare
CDBS14 ]

i say that if we get s shoutbox' date=' we are gonna need some people to take good care of it, by that i mean to make sure no one starts up fights and heated arguments.

[/quote']

I guess that means iLL should stay clear, right? ;)

It would definitely cut down on the mindless bullshit.. or at least keep it in a temporary spot. ;)

People could actually post things like:

whats up.?

who's on.?

where is the room.?

is anyone watching this shit right now.?

Etc..

Without making a completely useless thread. :)