KJ needs help AGAIN!!!

Guest KingJunk

Guest KingJunk

I am a lil wasted as I post this so please bare with me.......

Here is my problem

I hate the people at my job, but I love the company, so let me explain a bit. I am a building engineer for a company called ***** and they own many high rise building and strip malls across the world, but mostly established in Michigan. The building I work at is in Downtown Detroit.

For the past few months I have been looking for a new job because I can't stand another engineer at my job and unfortunately he is the lead engineer, but NOT my boss.

So, yesterday as anyother day I leave my tools out for the night crew to use and have been doing this for almost a year (I have a year in September) so my lead engineer decides to take my tools and hide them from me and put them in a room where I do not have access.

So, today I get to work and I am like damn where the fuck are my tools ??? so I decide to say nothing to nobody and go through the day and get my work done with the lil tools I have.

My property administrator is on vacation so my property manager who comes in every blue moon is here and she and the lead engineer are tight like virgin frog pussy (and thats water proof :o) the property manager is over the admin.

So, here is my problem like I stated my tools where missing and I decided to go through the day and say nothing about it as my first thought is the night crew must have put them up and I was going to question them about it when they got in, but as I am about to head out to lunch I tell my manager that I am about to leave the building and go to lunch, she asks me me "Hey have you used your tools today" and I am like "NO" why and then she ask me where are your tools and I am like I dunno why? She then states why didden't I ask anybody for my tools and I am like because I thought the night crew may have put them up and she states well how have you been getting your work done and I am like I make a way to get my job done and she states why didden't you ask anyone for your tools and I am like because I thought the night crew may have put them up and she is like did you ask the lead engineer and i am like NO he never touch my tools and boy was I wrong with that. This mutherfucker took my tools and hid them from me and I get in trouble because I did not ask him where my tools were!

So, I tell my manger I am pissed because he did not say shit to me about my tools and this BITCH replies well did you ask him about your tools and I am like he seen me all day and did not say shit about my tools and she says you should have ask me or the lead, let me remind you that tho he is a lead he is NOT my boss or someone I am to report to and I am like he should have told me where he put my tools, but he did not.

So here is my problem should I blow it off or should I go to my boss, boss and tell him what time of kidie games they are playing down at the building? I mean I am really pissed because this is some shit you do with ya lil bro or sis NOT some shit you pull off at work!!

So should I tell the BIG BOSS or let this die???

Guest M16Assassin

Thats pretty fuckin lame dude. I would totally say something to your boss. I have a guy at my work like that that I can not stand. So i do my best just to avoid him at all costs. But that right there was some total kid shit. And that bitch shouldn't be yelling at you if you have been getting your work done without your tools.

I honestly would not make a huge deal of it, but let it be known to your Boss about what happend. Don't get all emotional and pissy about it to the Boss, but let him know in a professional way what kind of kid games you have to put up with.

It seems no matter where you go, you will run into these dipshits.

I would ask the lead why he touched or moved your tools, in a casual way. When he replies- Ask him if by doing so he felt he was helping the productivity of this job. Then when he replies- Ask him why he felt the need to not tell you where he put them or that he moved them to a location you could not get to. Then when he replies- Let him know you find that interesting, that if someone has a problem with your performance, than to let you know in the proper way, but that in no way should he ever make you look like a fool again, slow down this jobs productivity, or play harassing games. He will then start to say something- You immediately interupt with- do you understand my reasonable request?

Say thanks and walk away.

Not sure what the chain of command is there for you- But I would say the above in a very professional way. It gets your point across and be certain to mention the words "productivity" and "harassment". ;)

I would also let your boss know what type of BS is going on so he has your back.

Guest [iLL] Andawg

"He brings a knife, you bring a gun. He puts one of yours in the hospital, you put two of his in the morgue."

Sid has it almost dead on. Some of this may just be playful fun, but that would generally be announced by some flip comment during the day. Sounds like he's jealous of your skills and tried to hurt your performance.

I say loosen the cap on the salt shaker, that will teach him.

UNCLE-SID25 ]

I would ask the lead why he touched or moved your tools, in a casual way. When he replies- Ask him if by doing so he felt he was helping the productivity of this job. Then when he replies- Ask him why he felt the need to not tell you where he put them or that he moved them to a location you could not get to. Then when he replies- Let him know you find that interesting, that if someone has a problem with your performance, than to let you know in the proper way, but that in no way should he ever make you look like a fool again, slow down this jobs productivity, or play harassing games. He will then start to say something- You immediately interupt with- do you understand my reasonable request?

Say thanks and walk away.

Not sure what the chain of command is there for you- But I would say the above in a very professional way. It gets your point across and be certain to mention the words "productivity" and "harassment". ;)

I would also let your boss know what type of BS is going on so he has your back.

Wow. I want you to come work for my company Sid.