i need to surf more eBay

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

updated 12:22 p.m. MT, Thurs., Oct. 2, 2008

SAGINAW, Mich. - With a winning bid of just $1.75, a Chicago woman has won an auction for an abandoned home in Saginaw. Joanne Smith, 30, recently was the top bidder for the home during an auction on eBay, The Saginaw News reported. Her bid was one of eight for the home.

"I am going to try and sell it," she told the newspaper. "I don't have any plans to move to Saginaw."

Smith said she hasn't seen the property or visited Saginaw, which has been hard-hit by economic troubles in recent years.

There's a notice on the door of the home saying a foreclosure hearing is pending, the newspaper said. She must pay about $850 in back taxes and yard cleanup costs.

The Saginaw News said it could not reach the seller, Southern Investments LLC, for comment.

xPUDDYTATx ]

SAGINAW, Mich. - With a winning bid of just $1.75, a Chicago woman has won an auction for an abandoned home in Saginaw. Joanne Smith, 30, recently was the top bidder for the home during an auction on eBay, The Saginaw News reported. Her bid was one of eight for the home.

"I am going to try and sell it," she told the newspaper. "I don't have any plans to move to Saginaw."

Smith said she hasn't seen the property or visited Saginaw, which has been hard-hit by economic troubles in recent years.

There's a notice on the door of the home saying a foreclosure hearing is pending, the newspaper said. She must pay about $850 in back taxes and yard cleanup costs.

The Saginaw News said it could not reach the seller, Southern Investments LLC, for comment.

damn she got screwed over

xPUDDYTATx ]

How did she get screwed..!?

She bought a HOUSE for $1.75 (+ back taxes) TOTAL of less than $900 for a house.!!

Even if it s trashed it is a house on land that is worth more than $900.

Chili-Palmer ]
xPUDDYTATx ]

How did she get screwed..!?

She bought a HOUSE for $1.75 (+ back taxes) TOTAL of less than $900 for a house.!!

Even if it s trashed it is a house on land that is worth more than $900.

yeah i second that. she could sell it as a lot for at least 10,000 dollars. either way she will make out on the deal in the long run.

Maybe. Most bidders won't pay 10,000 for something that has a building that needs demolished. SO you figure she's going to be out 5-6 grand for demo work, whether it's her or the buyer. But 3 grand profit is 3 grand. ;D

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

things are pretty tough in that neighborhood right now, but for $851.75, she could afford to just sit on the lot and ride it out to see if the market in the area improves. i think she made a great investment.