the third and last presidential debate

They didn't talk about guns.

I'm about to the point I feel I have encouraged people who read this enough that I don't have to rehash old points.

McCain has a record. 4 years ago Kerry considered him as a VP nominee. And now the Democrats hate him. What changed? McCain? Or that McCain is now an opponent?

Obama has a record, and everytime someone that is a part of that record comes up, they get thrown under the bus by Obama.

Just try imagining who Obama will appoint to his cabinet and appoint as ambassadors around the world. If you look at who he has had in his inner circle in the past, if that doesn't bother you, then who he assigns to do the nations business won't bother you either.

My parting shot. This country was built on compromise. Our government only works if we find more to agree on than disagree on. We as American's can and should call on our elected officials to make compromises to get things done. The Congress approval rating is 14%, and it's well deserved. Our elected officals are more interested in getting and holding onto power than working for the good of the American people.

Can't we compromise on anything? I think so, I'll just throw out 3 examples for you to digest.

- Abortion: I am not inclined ot tell a woman what to do with her body, but how about no abortions after 4 1/2 months? After that, live with your indecision or give it up for adoption?

- Automatic weapons: RA-15, M60, and AK-47's are weapons of war. My neighbor doesn't need them. But can I keep my automatic pistol in case I'm not a expert marksman to protect my home? (I am a expert, I could get by with a sling shot), but the Glock with 17 rounds is a good "convincer" for anyone in my sights to give up peacefully.

- Government spending: If you don't have the money, don't spend it, just like American's do. Or, if you get money from someone else, spend it responsibly, such as tax dollars that come out of American's pockets.

That's just 3 things OUR Congress can't agree on. We deserve better, hell we pay for it, we should demand better.

Be informed. Write your House Representative and Senator often and demand action. Vote.

HogWild ]

They didn't talk about guns.

I'm about to the point I feel I have encouraged people who read this enough that I don't have to rehash old points.

McCain has a record. 4 years ago Kerry considered him as a VP nominee. And now the Democrats hate him. What changed? McCain? Or that McCain is now an opponent?

Obama has a record, and everytime someone that is a part of that record comes up, they get thrown under the bus by Obama.

Just try imagining who Obama will appoint to his cabinet and appoint as ambassadors around the world. If you look at who he has had in his inner circle in the past, if that doesn't bother you, then who he assigns to do the nations business won't bother you either.

My parting shot. This country was built on compromise. Our government only works if we find more to agree on than disagree on. We as American's can and should call on our elected officials to make compromises to get things done. The Congress approval rating is 14%, and it's well deserved. Our elected officals are more interested in getting and holding onto power than working for the good of the American people.

Can't we compromise on anything? I think so, I'll just throw out 3 examples for you to digest.

- Abortion: I am not inclined ot tell a woman what to do with her body, but how about no abortions after 4 1/2 months? After that, live with your indecision or give it up for adoption?

- Automatic weapons: RA-15, M60, and AK-47's are weapons of war. My neighbor doesn't need them. But can I keep my automatic pistol in case I'm not a expert marksman to protect my home? (I am a expert, I could get by with a sling shot), but the Glock with 17 rounds is a good "convincer" for anyone in my sights to give up peacefully.

- Government spending: If you don't have the money, don't spend it, just like American's do. Or, if you get money from someone else, spend it responsibly, such as tax dollars that come out of American's pockets.

That's just 3 things OUR Congress can't agree on. We deserve better, hell we pay for it, we should demand better.

Be informed. Write your House Representative and Senator often and demand action. Vote.

Excellent Points Hog. Im not goin to go as far as say that You guys on here influenced my decision.. well yes I will, i was leaning toward another party until I reviewed the War_Pig/ Hog_Wild thread and the one at 101st...com

Its coming up soon and I know who I want it office. I can honestly say thanks for posting CLEAR information and making poitns without PUSHING your own ideals on somebody else.

wow excellent stuff hog, i have to agree the most with the compromise deal. As for abortion yes after 4 and a half months it is way too much and to be honest i dont think you would want to abort at that time the embryo is almost fully developed this is just way too late, before that yes, especially with rape cases.

Regarding guns maybe in rural areas it doesnt matter what guns you got but for example in a city like new york if people go around with guns it is bound to snap, maybe you need money so you sell the gun to a gangster many things could happen. Criteria to own a gun should be either for hunting or given to a person that has a clean record i mean not even any form of mental issues or even taking medicines that could deteriorate his mental health.

as for spending we have to remember that we are at war, we must lend money and spend it the government is doing as such, that tome is the reason to get out of the war, we are spending too much money on it, we owe many nations billions of dollars. And also i think congress can't agree is on the details not the entire concept, once it gets into details such as how we stop spending (simple answer though) or who should have guns is what causes these rifts and shifts in congress.

why i will not vote for Obama

Barack Obamas books and quotes:

From Dreams of My Father:'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.

'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.

'

From Dreams of My Father:'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.

'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.

'

From Dreams of My Father:'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.

'

And FINALLY the Most Damning one of ALL of them!!!

From Audacity of Hope:'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Who cares who won, honestly. WE just need to be informed. Everyone should be going to factcheck.org and cross check it with actual government sites. Don't listen to the MSM alone. Read, Read, Read!

Hog, I like your point of compromise. I agree with 3 points and as a progressive moderate, independent those compromises work for me. Here's one for I think needs to come to compromise on also. Gay marriage. Can we have a compromise of "civil union"? Give everyone the same rights as everyone american citizen enjoys here in America? On abortion, can we have a clause of rape? Why would we torture the woman by making her have the baby of someone who raped her? Makes no sense.

I thought is was an interesting debate and I thought Bob Shicifer did better then all others with his format and questions. I thought McCAin was very strong in the first 20 to 30 minutes of the debate then started losing it when he brought up Ayers and the nastiness of the campaigns. Obama was steady, calm, cool and collective. In the end, McCain still came across as an angry, arrogant, old man with the, "keep off my grass" mentality.

Of course that's just my opinion. ;D

McCain does support Civil Unions. He just doesn't think clergy should be forced to marry homosexuals because that is against almost every single religous faith.

Obama to his credit is against gay marriage for the same reasons I just listed for McCain.

These two aren't the problem. The problem is the pro gay movement that demands acceptance of their beliefs from everyone. In short, the gay movement (in general, not every single gay) are free to think and feel as they choose, however they want to force others to think as they do.

Gay marriage by the pro gay movement is to tear down religous foundations that oppose their lifestyle. Why can't the pro gay movement be satisfied with a "civil union" performed by a magestrate or judge or even a captain of a ship at sea, you know, go on a cruise and arrange to be married there and start the honeymoon (barf....) right away? I don't think there would have been much resistance to that except from the religious right.

But no, they want to force clergy to marry them, and that's where the resistance is coming in from.

They won't compromise even when it's beneficial for them to do so.

HogWild ]

McCain does support Civil Unions. He just doesn't think clergy should be forced to marry homosexuals because that is against almost every single religous faith.

Obama to his credit is against gay marriage for the same reasons I just listed for McCain.

These two aren't the problem. The problem is the pro gay movement that demands acceptance of their beliefs from everyone. In short, the gay movement (in general, not every single gay) are free to think and feel as they choose, however they want to force others to think as they do.

Gay marriage by the pro gay movement is to tear down religous foundations that oppose their lifestyle. Why can't the pro gay movement be satisfied with a "civil union" performed by a magestrate or judge or even a captain of a ship at sea, you know, go on a cruise and arrange to be married there and start the honeymoon (barf....) right away? I don't think there would have been much resistance to that except from the religious right.

But no, they want to force clergy to marry them, and that's where the resistance is coming in from.

They won't compromise even when it's beneficial for them to do so.

i thought it was the other way that they werent even allowed to have a civil union. also to be honest does it matter that gay people get married or civil union or what ever, is that gonna like start world war 3 or something.

Just a few safety precautions to any fellow members (democratic or republican).

If your a hunter you may want to take your money out of the market (while it had a small bounce) and invest it your rifle ammo- As it may be on the chopping block over the next 4 years.

Also if your a handgun owner or enthusiast- If you where looking at a new gun you might go grab it now before more Clinton bans go back into effect (or worse).

If you enjoy sport shooting you will definitely want to go grab any of those guns you could not buy during the ban before its too late- I would anticipate these will be the 1st to go.

If your a soldier- With more deployment and mass cuts on the horizon it looks to be unfavorable to be "in the shit". Gods speed and we will do what we can to ensure support is there- Just be ready cause its coming.

Lowerclass- You will hit well below poverty levels in the next 3 years. This is due to a potential increase in minimum wage and large tax increases on the companies you work for, along with a very sluggish economy and lack of consumer confidence.

Middle class- You will begin to slip into a class just below middle class and just above lower class. This is due to economics that will be implemented (starting 2 months ago and will last for the next 4 years). It will not be immediately noticed by many but it will take decades to rebuild. Everyone can not be 1 class in a free nation- We will learn this the hard way.

Upper class- You will make the cuts needed (as listed above) to remain the upperclass. You are upperclass because of your business knowledge and ability to adjust to these items to remain this way. OR you will simply be purchased by the feds and or another large corp.

American Car manufacturers- It was a good run. Unfortunately you will all be purchased by an overseas corp or merged with a foreign manufacturer. So buy a ford or Chevy if you want an American one today.

On the other hand though... If you like:

Government controll on firearms and strict bans

Less money spent on the military

Believe all classes should be the same

Like ridding bikes or care less that you have an import in the driveway

You may want to celebrate.