Treyarch To Keep Fighting The Second World War?

Series creator Infinity Ward dragged the Call of Duty series out of the Second World War and into the present day with Call of Duty 4, and promptly engineered one of the greatest games of all time. So will series co-developers Treyarch - currently putting the finishing touches on Call of Duty 5 - be following suit? In an interview with CVG, Treyarch's Noah Heller fails to rule that out, saying "I can't say that there won't ever be a WWII Call of Duty game again".

If we had time we might have shown the end of the war from many different country's perspectives, and maybe that's a story still untold.

But in the meantime people definitely haven't seen the final charge of the Red Army, people haven't seen what the fighting was like in Okinawa and I think it's definitely important to show those stories from a polished perspective rather than show some of the mopping up elsewhere in the world.

So I guess there heading back to WW2 also. :'(

Prane ]

I thought the mulitplayer in MOH (whatever the pacific was called) was amazing. I do wish one of them would call it quits on WW2. If you're not going to move in the present day at least give us another war. I'm pretty sure nobody has ever made a badass Revolutionary or Civil war game.

yea but try to reload a musket, lol. it just wouldnt be fast or fun, what we need is a good flight simulator game, another ace combat for ps3. ;D. or do something like cod4 make up a war.

Medal of Honor does the absolute best when it comes to WWII stories.. the beginning of Medal of Honor: Frontline has to be one of the best game openings I have EVER played in my life.

But put it this way.. I don't CARE if Treyarch keeps doing WWII.. as long as when they alternate to Infinity Ward every other year, it's a new stunning game like COD4 that'll hold until the next release

WWI.... borinnggggg.. that would be WWII with less crap to do. Doing Vietnam would be eh, because you know that in the long run, you lose the war.

They need to make Call of Duty: The Battle of Thermopylae

Four sides: Persians, Spartans, Athenians, Random Greek City-States

Yeah.. awesome

COWonCRACK ]

wow i cant wait for the WWII cod again, i want it to go back to its roots. you guys gota remember, its because there WWII franchise was so popular, which allowed people to jump on the COD4 bandwagon with all the other 9 year olds. COD4 ruined it. X(

if they went back to its roots, i want straight up COD1 style gameplay, the real good old days. and by cod1 i mean like crazy running and gunning with an MP44 or a tommy gun.