Dodge EV

So most of you know by now that I am a BMW guy. Europeaon Autos > US autos.

However, I have found the next American car I am buying. HEll if it goes into production soon enough, it might very well be the next vehicle I buy period. This thing is pretty sweet.

http://www.autoguide.com/manufacturer/dodge/dodge-circuit-ev-first-drive-1099.html

The U.S. Government and the United Auto Workers Union own most of the company of the car you are about to buy.

Good luck with that. Don't say you weren't warned.

Shit, my current car is destined to be a classic. The U.S. Government is shutting down the Pontiac brand. I should park my car and put a blanket over it. In 20 years, it will be worth twice as much as I paid for it, if the U.S. is still selling gasoline that is....

Nah.... I'll just drive it and enjoy it. I'm paying for it afterall.

There's nothing wrong with unions. Unions have improved working conditions for people, made the workplace safer, and has gotten workers better wages.

But some unions go too far, and the UAW is one of those unions.

For instance, General Motors and Toyota sold very close to the same number of cars and trucks in 2008. Toyota had a 4 billion dollar profit. General Motors had a 4 billion dollar loss.

How does that happen?

- $2,000 of every GM purchase goes to UAW retirement fund.

- UAW workers are not laid off, if there is no work for them, they still get paid but they stay home.

- The UAW pulls in enough money to own and run a golf course for their big wigs, the golf course doesn't make a profit either, but they still keep it open.

The UAW, government CAFE standards, and lack of tariffs on foriegn built cars have all combined to cripple the United States auto industry. American's are working in Nissan and Toyota plants around the country, those plants aren't unionized, the companies are making a profit and the people who work for the company are making a living wage. Meanwhile, Detroit Michigan rots like a piece of fruit left out in the sun.

The government is taking over GM and Chrysler. Going to close 1,900 dealerships across the country. And what happened to the UAW?

They made no concessions at all. It's business as usual in the U.S. auto industry. How can anyone possibly believe it's going to work this time?

$8,000

at least.

That's why Green Technology sucks. You could replace the Engine and Transmission in a regular car for that price.

But no one tell's you that. PLUS, with the Hybrids, you have to take them to the dealer for repairs, and pay the highest labor rates and the HIGHEST PARTS MARK UP in the area.

Car Dealerships mark up the price of the parts they buy to fix your car about 400%.

They pay $100 for the part, then charge you $400 for the part.

Learn something new every day? Earth's temperatures have been dropping for the lat 10 years. The science data is in. We are on a rock, spinning at thousands of miles per hour, and circling a burning star at hundred's of thousands of mile per hour. Who really expects the temperature to stay the same all the time?

It's a scam. Recently reported, it's now COW FARTS causing global warming because we eat too much meat and there are too many cows to fart. We all need to be vegetarians, kill all cows and pigs to be safe, to save our planet.

But the government needs more of your money to stop the Earth from warming prematurely.

This has to be a joke. We can't climb Mt. Everest without people dying every year. We can't stay at the North or South Pole year round. We can't land on Mars (closest planet). BUT WE CAN cause the Earth to warm faster than nature intended.

If you believe that, then it's true. There's a sucker born every minute.

On the UAW, sure.

As far as "green" tech, not so much from my perspective. I could care less about an electric car from the global warming perspective. I'm looking at the bottom line. It's a minimum $2,000 savings a year for me in fuel alone. I'm in my car quite a bit. Prices on batteries will come down significantly as soon as more models show up in the market. So in 2 years or so when all manufacturers start dropping more electrics, which is when I'm looking at a new vehicle, the savings will more than be worth it.

Yea its like when a Plasma TV or Blu Ray came out they were ridiculous, but now not so much. ;D

And i do agree the cost of gas & the dependancy we have to it is shitty.!!

Global Warming.. meh not sure either way, i have heard compelling stories from both sides. I guess we'll just see. but less pollution cant be a bad thing, they just need to be able to do something with the batteries. ;)

Why the hate BigMoney?

Didn't get your quota of tree hugging in today.... ;D

Prices on car batteries will come down? When has anything pertaining to a car had a price reduction (other than gas)? From my experience, cars and car parts only get more expensive.

But, if a person wants to drive a hybrid, that's OK with me. What's not OK with me, is a government and a political action movement that bases all of their data on incorrect information (Global Warming activists) trying to force me to become a vegetarian and force me to drive an electric car. Now it's hybrids, when they get that it will be total electrical cars that travel 40 miles per charge. And how do your charge a battery? With electricity of course, and what's that going to do to your electric bill?

That 2 grand you think you will save, won't happen. The government will just make sure you spend that 2 grand somewhere else. Like charging your golf cart so you can get to work and back.

If we drilled for our own oil and ran our own refineries, not only would we have a say in the price of oil around the world, we could create a million jobs immediately and that money would stay IN the U.S. economy. If Democrats wanted to have universal healthcare, they could have it and pay for it with the taxes they would get from oil companies and their employees, if they would just make it desireable for U.S. companies to drill here and drill now.

But they won't, because we are warming the earth, even though the temperature has been dropping for a decade.

LOL, I hear ya. I agree with you about all that government shit. I don't trust anything they say or do one bit. Not Bush's admin, or Clinton's, or bush's, or obama's. I'm doing it to save myself some cash. Plus I got a bomb ass mechanic that can work on anything.