PS3 Firmware update 2.80 MAY be coming tomorrow

Ever since firmware 2.5 I've had nothing but problems with my ps3, head spikes.. black screens..frozen screen... all of which have been graphic related.. from what I've read from others.. many with a first gen 60gb console experienced similar issues.. not sure if it is a hardware or software problem.. I do know the standard "keep your console well ventilated" answer sony gives is a load of cow manure! it started happening immediately after the last firmware upgrade and since Sony hasn't admitted the firmware is the problem I doubt they would suggest this one fixes it.. but I can hope I guess and wait and see. At least that's cheaper than a new console. :-\

I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep saving my pennies in case this upgrade finishes the job the last one started and forces me to buy a new console.

I have a first gen 60 and have seen some wierd graphics issues but not too many but my comment is more to the ventilate issue.

I've never had the intercooler, and my PS sits on a very inclosed un-ventilated shelf and plays for hours on end without but a freeze once a night So I don't think many of these issues are due to heat.

I don't think it is either.. mine messes up right after start up so its no way its heat.. it doesn't even have time to heat up? It plays Movies on blu-ray or regular dvd just fine and I can play movies all night without a problem.. but my games (especially any older ps3 titles such as Tiger Woods 07, Rainbow 1 and 2, oblivion, etc etc.. only play for about five minutes before major problems occur.. newer titles such as Killzone.. etc.. seem to make it for a lot longer.. I even managed to play Killzone the other night for a couple of hours without a hitch.. I got cocky and put in Rainbow 2 and bamm! five minutes and major graphics spikes.. ???

I'm going to fire it up and download the firmware later today.. I've had graphic card problems with PC's before and the console simply isn't acting like a hardware issue.. its more like software and in specific like a graphics card with outdated or incorrect drivers? Like I said this started the very day I downloaded the last upgrade and I don't thing that is a coincidence.

Naw I changed my post titles to

"Re: PS3 Firmware update 2.80 GRAPHICAL ISSUES FIX?? "

I could always move the thread.. change the topic subject title.. then move it back..

but that seems like a lot of work, just think of this as the Graphic portion of the firmware update thread unless it really bothers you than I'll goat about changing the title for the entire thread just for you amigo.

I'm just nice like that.. :-*

Unfricking believable.. not the software my @ss!!!

So update downloaded and installed and I just got through playing Rainbow 2 for an hour straight without a single problem..

I'm going to eat supper and give it the ultimate test! SOCOM! God I've totally forgot what buttons do what and will probably have to re-do all my settings.. load outs. etc.. pain in the arse! I feel like a dayam noob!!

Anybody want to volunteer to run back and forth while I adjust my sights? LMAO!

J/K

tonight I'm just going to hang in a private room with a bud and get familar with the controls again..

Fuk'n A! and I was all set to pay them $190 to fix my console and sonofabitch if it wasn't the software.. just like I thought.. at least its working again.. Hopefully for a while and its not just because its been sitting off for the last three weeks.. :-X oh well who cares looks like tonight I'm good to goat for one night anyway!