New Laptop help with wireless stuff

I'm getting a Laptop I put it on layaway at a Pawn Shop. It's a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4697.

Pretty excited because I have never owned a Laptop.

But What I to do is make everything wireless. I'm so tired of being tied to an area.

Mainly the internet, and Printer is what I need to be wireless to the Laptop... The Laptop has wireless wifi stuff built in.

So what do I need to buy?

I'll explain better...

I have a cable modem with service here at my store.

I have the same going on at the house.

I have a desk top at my store and nothing except the PS3 at home.

I want to be able to use this laptop both places.

I was looking at Routers as that what I thought I needed. I looked up that adapter and I am not sure if that's what I need as they look like all they do is plug into the computer.

• Directors

Correct you will need a wireless access point or router depending on if your modem is a router or not...

Then you would need a wireless adapter for the computer, as far as I could find that one did not have one but I may be wrong...

Yeah Shane hit it on the head. A linksys wireless modem is something you plug into one of the available ports on the rear of your current Modem, then it will offer wired jacks as well as a wireless signal when you are done. It's actually very self explanatory (the hook up instructions are) and easy to use.

If you want, go get a couple (one for work and one for home) and then give me a ring and I will walk you thru setting up your security features and what not.

Also, MOST service providers now offer free wireless routers. You MAY want to do a scan at both locations to ensure you don't already HAVE a wireless router. I know Time Warner recently replaced all their routers with wireless ones free of charge here in the KC area....

If you scan and find one that matches the model of your router, you may have to use the WLAN code on the bottom of the router to connect, but your laptop will still recognize it.

I have that same computer....

The only thing I don't like about it, is there is a BIOS issue that it can lock down randomly and require an unsatisfiable BIOS password. But, its a simple fix before it happens, just update the BIOS. But, if it does happen, you have to send it to Toshiba to fix it, and they do it for free. So nothing really to worry about.

But, to your original question..

Google search "gaming router" and there's a few that are top quality.

I suggest the D-link Gaming Lounge DGL-4500. Ports work perfectly for PS3 and 360 (if you have one).

And has more than you would ever need for Laptops,Consoles to work all at the time.