No more bullshit no more 1500 word posts

it takes a big man to admit when he is wrong i was wrong saying undertow flexed his admin muscles i didnt mean to offend him. however just fucking apologize to kingjunk and JyK for openly bashing their clan leader and clanmates. you were wrong undertow.... dead wrong. apologize with no excuses or sarcassm or "not threats" about how we can leave if we dont like it. hold yourself to the standards you try to hold everyone else to. i noticed there aren't too many repeat clans in your tournaments. your reputation precedes you undertow look around on other game forums. of course you will belittle your critics. its in your nature you cant help it. i can assure you i wont be in anymore UF tournaments. i thought we were invited to a tourney that was fair and just with no bullshit again i was wrong. you bash people and want to take it as a joke.

just apologize. do the right thing

If you are illiterate, can’t read more then a paragraph or simply consider anything more then one sentence a waste of time then go away, this isn’t for you anyway.. It’s History and something I thought JyK may not be aware of. I post it simply for the esteem it deserves and the respect the name “Junk Yard Killers†implies to those that know what it truly represents. My hope is that it may inspire JyK and perhaps assist them to rise above the BS, put a end to complaints and move forward along the path of honor. Whether a clan that wears the name Junk yard killas should be respected or not is irrelevant. What the name represents and the History of honor it signifies will always be held in high regard. From my point of view to bear the name of an highly regarded historic Military division is to agree to strive to the embodiment of what the name represents. Anything else would be the equivalent of disregard to the account of the honored.

I served in the U.S. Army 3rd Calvary 4th Division. Tropic Lighting.

I was a Calvary Scout, K-9 division, originally trained and served with the U.S. Army Military Police Core in K-9 Search and rescue and transferred by request to the Calvary’s K-9 Division Search and Destroy. I share this for a clan that has recently been under turmoil here. Yes the infamous Junk Yard Killas.

I wanted to let you guys know that perhaps you liken your name to that of the ghetto band Killas who often played in a place called the Junk Yard. Or perhaps you came by the name some other way. Whichever the case I thought you might like to hear a bit of the real History and what the name Junk Yard Killas means to the Armed Forces and in particular the marines who served with their fellow K-9 partners in the canals of Guam.

This is not meant as disrespect, as ribbing or as any sort of bullshit. It’s just the history of the name you choose to wear. For me the name “Junk Yard Killers or even Killas if you like- signifies the loyalty sacrifice and honor of the K-9’s that gave everything and more to the Marines of Guam and continue to do so to this day across the battlefields of the U.S. Armed Forces. It is a name of honor and a reason to hold your self to that which it signifies. Given the recent events of clan JyK and the uncertainty of there continuance in Urgent Fury I wanted to give you this for your own benefit, take from it what you will, disregard it if you like but do not disregard the sacrifice of those that gave their life in the service to the country even if that life was the life of a Junk Yard dog trained to kill. The service of the Junk Yard Killers division was never questioned and their loyalty never faltered nor failed. You want an end to the bullshit? Well here it is. You want less words.. sorry that just ain't my style.

Less than twenty-four hours after the attack on Pearl Harbor, the Japanese invaded Guam, an American possession. The small Pacific island, virtually defenseless, held out for only four days. For the next two and a half years, the brave people of Guam endured a horrible occupation: they were starved, beaten, and herded into concentration camps. Many of Guam's people were summarily shot for crimes they did not commit. Some were beheaded. No other American civilians suffered so much under so brutal a conqueror.

On July 21, 1944, the Americans struck back. The battle for Guam lasted only a few weeks, until August 10, 1944, when the island was declared secured. In those weeks, American Marine, Army, and Navy casualties exceeded 7,000. An estimated 18,500 Japanese were killed, and another 8,000 Japanese remained hidden in the jungle refusing to surrender.

Among the dead were 25 dogs, specially trained by the U.S. Marines to search out the enemy hiding in the bush, detect mines and booby traps, alert troops in foxholes at night to approaching Japanese, and to carry messages, ammunition and medical supplies. They were buried in a small section of the Marine Cemetery, in a rice paddy on the landing beach at Asan that became known as the War Dog Cemetery.

Most of the young Marines were assigned to the war dog program only by a twist of fate. Some had never owned a dog in their lives, and some were even afraid of them. But trained as dog handlers, they were expected to scout far forward of the lines, in treacherous jungle terrain, searching for Japanese soldiers hidden in caves or impenetrable thickets. Under these circumstances, the rifles they carried were often useless; a handler's most reliable weapons were his dog's highly developed senses of smell and hearing, which could alert him far in advance of an enemy ambush or attack, or the presence of a deadly mine, so he could warn in turn the Marines who followed behind at a safer distance. It was one of the most dangerous jobs in World War II, and more dogs were employed by the 2nd and 3rd Platoons on Guam than in all of the other battles in the Pacific.

During the course of the war, 15 of the handlers in the 2nd and 3rd Platoons were killed: 3 at Guam, 4 on Saipan and 8 on Iwo Jima. These men were among the bravest and best-trained Marines of World War II, and were awarded the medals to prove it. During the course of some of the war's most vicious battles -- Guam, Saipan, Iwo Jima and Okinawa -- they were awarded five Silver Stars and seven Bronze Stars for heroism in action, and more than forty Purple Hearts for wounds received in battle.

In these battles, as in their training, the men learned to depend on their dogs and to trust their dogs' instincts with their lives. The dogs, primarily Doberman Pinschers and German Shepherds, had been recruited from the civilian population with the promise that they be returned, intact, when the war ended. Now, however, higher-ups argued that these dogs suffered from the "junkyard dog" syndrome: they were killers and soon were labeled the “Junk Yard Killersâ€

The Higher-ups were wrong. Many lobbied for the right to retrain these dogs and won. In many cases, in fact, because the original, civilian owners were unable or unwilling to take the dogs back, the dogs went home with the handlers that they had served so well during the war,

More than fifty years have passed since the Battle of Guam. The dogs, of course, are long gone, and to the annual reunions fewer and fewer veterans of the war dog platoons return. Although it was a small chapter in the history of that worldwide conflagration, the story of the war dog platoons is significant. The dogs proved so valuable on Guam that every Marine division was assigned a war dog platoon and they paved the way for the many dogs that have followed them in the armed services, most famously in Vietnam.

For their contribution to the war effort, the dogs paid a dear price, but the good they did was still far out of proportion to the sacrifice they made. They and their handlers led over 550 patrols on Guam alone, and encountered enemy soldiers on over half of them, but were never once ambushed. They saved hundreds of lives. The Junk Yard Killers embodied the Marine Corps motto, Semper Fidelis.

By: WILLIAM W. PUTNEY, D.V.M., CAPTAIN, USMC (RET.)

With slight edits by Goat.

Guest [OHM]_contract_
i noticed there aren't too many repeat clans in your tournaments.

Like the monkey says in Lion King. .."Look Haarrrrdeerr"

I think that if you took the time to look around, you might actually notice that there are alot of UF Dinosaurs walking around here.. I have held 2, well now 3 different tags since I have been here. Starting with OHM. UF2 I believe and a couple of black tourneys as well. (and a little of POW :-[)lol...

I have read most of these posts, and I for one will stick up for UF. I came a long way in the socom world, I EVEN left my own tournament stuff (K$C) for UF... A lot of hard work is put in here and a lot of TIME. There are A LOT of people that are regulars here. No Question about that.

CHEERS.....

Goat,

I read the same site that you did:

http://www.worldwar2history.info/Marines/dogs.html

Nowhere in the original link is the fact that they were named "Junk Yard Killers." It appears that you added that yourself and that they weren't actually given that name.

Am I correct here or am I missing something? Being a former Marine I thought the story was pretty cool...

holy hell...talk about not just letting something go huh. You have had a damn near every thread you have started locked and yet you just begin another to directly attack Undertow. Most of the clans don't come back to UF because of the rigorous clan involvement needed to participate. Many clans can't filed 16 players  four or five nights on those weeks, or 13.

Then there is the normal inner clan turmoil that happens. Clans split up and begin new ones, most times the new ones enter UF, many of the same players, new Tags. I personally have ran a clan for UF 2 then Black, and shorlty thereafter had a clan fall-out. Check your facts first man..and stop starting these dumb-ass threads that get you nowhere, and are a waste of bandwidth.

You mean there is a web site??

schit I thought I just made the whole fuk'n thing up?

:) In the Military Police K-9 training room at Lack land Air Force base in San Antonio Tx, there is a memorial in remembrance of the unit in Guam it is title the "Junk Yard Killers." Do a google for the name and you will probably come up with the same site you listed. Yes as I stated I did some slight editing, since I was there in Lackland I've read the memorial and I know what every handler in the service calls it. You want a web site or you want it straight from someone who actually was a U.S. Army K-9 handler.?

Goat ]

:) In the Military Police K-9 training room at Lack land Air Force base in San Antonio Tx, there is a memorial  in remembrance of the unit in Guam it is title the "Junk Yard Killers." Do a google for the name and you will probably come up with the same site you listed. Yes as I stated I did some slight editing, since I was there in Lackland I've read the memorial and I know what every handler in the service calls it. You want a web site or you want it straight from someone who actually was a U.S. Army K-9 handler.?

Oh, gotcha! That's a good story. Like I said, as a former Marine I thought the story was pretty cool and found it very interesting. Thanks for the find :)

No problem Skipper,

Capt Putney was a U.S. Marine Handler who served in Guam he is recounting the facts from his perspective, the nomenclature of JYK is what it has become referred to over time and is symbolic of the story he presents. The trainers in Lackland often referred to the K-9's as "just a bunch of Junk Yard Killers" it's a sort of insider information and is used often. Trainers would often say things like "that puppy has got a long way to go before he becomes a Junk Yard Killer" etc... Within the MP core and within the Cav's K-9 division, it's used often.. since 99% of the dogs used by the military are not pure breeds, the military looks for certain characteristics in a dog when the choose which ones to train, those characteristics are primarily German Shepard, Doberman, and the like, but everyone knows the best dogs are simply mix breeds or Junk Yard Dogs. Many times when asked by a civilian.. "excuse me soldier, what type of dog is that" the answer giving is "He's a Junk Yard Killer, Mam. "

Goat ]

:) In the Military Police K-9 training room at Lack land Air Force base in San Antonio Tx, there is a memorial  in remembrance of the unit in Guam it is title the "Junk Yard Killers." Do a google for the name and you will probably come up with the same site you listed. Yes as I stated I did some slight editing, since I was there in Lackland I've read the memorial and I know what every handler in the service calls it. You want a web site or you want it straight from someone who actually was a U.S. Army K-9 handler.?

Very True, Ive seen it.......our TI and my Recruiter were both K-9 trainers and they took the "Junk Yard Killers" very seriously and use it as a recruiting tool.