Blackberry v.s iphone

Ok I've been using blackberrys for about 3 years now and made the switch from Verizon to AT&T and got the iphone 3gs. Long story short. I really thought I would miss the blackberry, the blackberry server, blackberry messenger and just what I've been use to for years. Honestly I don't have time to think about missing it lol. Theres actually apps that works, things to do, games that won't freeze. I love the iphone. I haven't had any service problems so far, service is super fast. I can ACTUALLY see and chat in my shoutbox in my clan site which I wasn't even able to see on my blackberrys.

I was looking for a way to get Black Berry Messenger on the iphone but that was a fail but I did find an app like it. It's called Fling! with the exclamation mark. It's pretty sick.

Anyways anyone else have any experiences or thoughts? Obviously if you used only one you don't know the difference lol. I was the iphone is gay.. iphone is noobs guy but I changed lol.

IMO blackberrys are started to get outdated.... I traded mine in for a Palm Treo pro with windows mobile, i love the phone and was looking at the iphone because of people here, but then found out that what i wanted the iphone for i could do the same on a ipod touch, and I am getting the ipod 64 gb one:)

I love my treo pro and will have the ipod to do what i want..

o-Marlne-o ]

IMO blackberrys are started to get outdated.... I traded mine in for a Palm Treo pro with windows mobile, i love the phone and was looking at the iphone because of people here, but then found out that what i wanted the iphone for i could do the same on a ipod touch, and I am getting the ipod 64 gb one:)

I love my treo pro and will have the ipod to do what i want..

But can you make calls too... lol

I don't have either a Blackberry or IPhone but have been interested in the IPhone. My problem is, around here, that Verizon is a far better service than AT&T for coverage, dropped calls etc.., so I will not switch just to have the Iphone. I did just find out (unconfirmed) that next year the IPhone is suppose to be available with other carriers. So I will wait and see if that does happen but if it doesn't, I will stay with Verizon and probably pick up a Blackberry. Oh ya, also unconfirmed is that there is a new Blackberry coming out in November for Verizon.

Rockman35 ]

I don't have either a Blackberry or IPhone but have been interested in the IPhone. My problem is, around here, that Verizon is a far better service than AT&T for coverage, dropped calls etc.., so I will not switch just to have the Iphone. I did just find out (unconfirmed) that next year the IPhone is suppose to be available with other carriers. So I will wait and see if that does happen but if it doesn't, I will stay with Verizon and probably pick up a Blackberry. Oh ya, also unconfirmed is that there is a new Blackberry coming out in November for Verizon.

That rumor was spread last year too.

Iphone FTW....<3

Neoblackhound ]
Rockman35 ]

I don't have either a Blackberry or IPhone but have been interested in the IPhone. My problem is' date=' around here, that Verizon is a far better service than AT&T for coverage, dropped calls etc.., so I will not switch just to have the Iphone. I did just find out (unconfirmed) that next year the IPhone is suppose to be available with other carriers. So I will wait and see if that does happen but if it doesn't, I will stay with Verizon and probably pick up a Blackberry. Oh ya, also unconfirmed is that there is a new Blackberry coming out in November for Verizon.

[/quote']

That rumor was spread last year too.

Iphone FTW....<3

Actually Neo, It was the same rumour.... AT&T however got them to sign for one more year, I rem reading about it,but the rumour is actually seeming to become true...I talked to a sales rep at AT&T and my sister in law works at AT&T (another reason i was thinking bout switching to the iphone) and both told me that the way it is looking the iphone will be available to other carriers next year... Mainly sprint, and verizon...

However with the way alltel is right now i dont know if it will be available..

Another source( I have the article saved on my palm pro) says they will be selling the iphone openly for all carriers, but it will be like $1200 bucks or something like that..

I dont care either way, but it would be great for the iphone to be open for more carriers...nothing against at and t, but neo if your truely a fanboy you would want the iphone more avilable so everyone can get ewhat you have correct:) :P

Why wouldn't you switch from Verizon? Honestly the service isn't that big of a difference lol. Iphone is not going to come out on verizon anytime soon. They failed to reach a contract and also remember one thing. If your going to the iphone for the apps all the existing ones are owned by ATT. So your not going to get 98 percent of them lol. Verizon sucks with apps/music/software when it comes to anything. Their blackberry phones that are exclusive suck. I had the storm it was GARBAGE.

MaluNYMets ]

Why wouldn't you switch from Verizon? Honestly the service isn't that big of a difference lol. Iphone is not going to come out on verizon anytime soon. They failed to reach a contract and also remember one thing. If your going to the iphone for the apps all the existing ones are owned by ATT. So your not going to get 98 percent of them lol. Verizon sucks with apps/music/software when it comes to anything. Their blackberry phones that are exclusive suck. I had the storm it was GARBAGE.

Actually Apple owns them that's why they can choose what apps are put on the phone. Some apps if unapproved by apple can get you fined...

I had the Peal 8100 before I got the iPhone. I remember paying $600 for the original iPhone and not once did I ever regret it. Since then I've moved on to the 3G and now the 3Gs. Since I've had an iPhone, I haven't had a chance to try out some of the newer blackberry models, and I don't plan on it since I'm staying with the iPhone. I know a lot of you guys keep saying you like the iPod touch, but that just means you have to carry around your iPod touch and your phone. That's 2 devices you have to carry around when you can have all in one device with the iPhone. My favorite thing about the iPhone is the visual voicemail. I can see a list of all my voicemails and just click on the one I want to hear. If I have 27 voicemails and I want to listen to the 26th oldest one, I don't have to sit there and press skip 26 times to get to it like I had to with other phones. I just scroll down and click on the voicemail. Some of the apps for the iPhone are garbage, but some are also very useful and handy to have. One of my other favorite things about the iPhone is that it uses Safari as its browser. Its like using a real life browser on your phone. Its not like windows mobile browser where I get sent to the mobile version of a site if the site has that option on. With my iPhone, I can do and see webpages as if I was viewing them from a computer.

Xanthe ]
Nikastylez ]

With my iPhone, I can do and see webpages as if I was viewing them from a computer.

As I do on my BB storm! ;) I like my unlimited data plan that I have for my BB and I can't find anything comparable with the Iphone. IMO... I have the best of both worlds with the itouch and BB storm! ;D

Except for the fact you gotta carry two things with you just to have the best of both worlds.

Yeah, I do have to admit that the data plans for the iPhone are a bit high. However, it is a price that you pay for convenience. Like Neo points out, it can become a hassle to carry around two devices instead of 1. I'm already carrying around my keys and wallet with me everywhere and also my phone. Anything more and my pants would be falling down from all the weight :laugh: