Guest Stealthknight

Guest Stealthknight

Ok, I finally broke down and got PS CS3, Not in 7.0 when i selected a layer i got a dashed line around the object that let me manipulate it size wise and rotation. In CS3 i cant figure out how to turn that back on. Anyone know how?

And also Im trying to emboss objects to blend in with the backround as well. Now i can do it through opacity and all that good stuff but for some reason i throught i could change my emboss from pure color to pattern matching in CS3?

Idk any help would be great.

To be able to rotate things in cs3 just go to Image>>rotate canvas and im sure you will know what to do from there.

To put a color over anything you emboss has to be done now with color overlay or you can use pattern overlay also.

If this doesn't help you just let me know and i'll take screen shots for you.

Guest Stealthknight

No i know all that, That i can do. But i want my damn dashed box back that allows me to manipulate it by hand w/o typing the degrees i want to rotate it to. I want to just be able to grab the corner and rotate or change the size lol.

I appreciate the help though, Just not what i was looking for.

Guest Stealthknight

lol, Thats what i do now. Man im telling you there is a box that comes up whenever you have your selection tool on. The little arrow you use to select your layers and all that fun stuff. A dashed box use to come up. Now when i select my layer i get nothing around it. This crap is frustrating

Guest Stealthknight

Wow im an idiot, Thanks Bourne. I was looking everywhere except right infront of me. Te bounding box is what i was looking for. Got it now. Thanks for all the help

No, I know what he's talking about. It's not the transform options. he knows how to do that. What he's looking for is when he has the standard move tool selected a dashed box with transform options shows automatically, so you don't have to go through edit>transform to transform, you just pull the corner.

To turn it back on go to View>Extras or alternatively hit ctrl (maybe alt) H, or command H for a mac. This should give you that editable rectangle around layers when you have the moved tool (looks like a standard cursor) selected.

Hope this explanation works.

Guest Stealthknight

Yeah i just clicked the box that said transfor option and it worked lol. Its MUCH easier then goin through all those steps everytime cause I do ALOT of size adjustments.

Here's a little help for anyone who has no clue what we're talking about:

picture42gf8.jpg

Notice that the line around the layer which is the picture (not the black background) is dotted, not solid. When you go through Edit>Transform it is solid, and you must approve the transformation before continuing to do anything else. With this you can simply click on the boxes and drag it, and the line will become solid and it will transform the image as if you were in edit>transform, just without having to go through the menus, thus saving time.

Also in the screen shot you can see how to turn it on... View>Extras. Make sure it is checked.

.. and yes I use macintosh, and have used PCs all my life prior to two years ago, love the mac.