Parents Beware just a heads up.

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Guest H.A.V.0.C

This is for the Parents out there, I got this from a friend If you have kids you know what they have gone through.

Ok. I don't know where to begin because the last 2 days of my life have been such a blur. Yesterday, My youngest daughter Halle who is 4, was rushed to the emergency room by her father for being severely lethargic and incoherent. He was called to her school by the school secretary for being "very VERY sick." He told me that when he arrived that Halle was barely sitting in the chair. She couldn't hold her own head up and when he looked into her eyes, she couldn't focus them.

He immediately called me after he scooped her up and rushed her to the ER.

When we got there, they ran blood test after blood test and did x-rays, every test imaginable. Her white blood cell count was normal, nothing was out of the ordinary. The ER doctor told us that he had done everything that he could do so he was sending her to Saint Francis for further test.

Right when we were leaving in the ambulance, her teacher had come to the ER and after questioning Halle's classmates, we found out that she had licked hand sanitizer off her hand. Hand sanitizer, of all things. But it makes sense. These days they have all kinds of different scents and when you have a curious child, they are going to put all kinds of things in their mouths.

When we arrived at Saint Francis, we told the ER doctor there to check her blood alcohol level, which, yes we did get weird looks from it but they did it. The results were her blood alcohol level was 85% and this was 6 hours after we first took her. There's no telling what it would have been if we would have tested it at the first ER.

Since then, her school and a few surrounding schools have taken this out of the classrooms of all the lower grade classes but what's to stop middle and high schoolers too? After doing research off the internet, we have found out that it only takes 3 squirts of the stuff to be fatal in a toddler.

For her blood alcohol level to be so high was to compare someone her size to drinking something 120 proof. So please PLEASE don't disregard this because I don't ever want anyone to go thru what my family and I have gone thru.

Today was a little better but not much. Please send this to everyone you know that has children or are having children. It doesn't matter what age. I just want people to know the dangers of this.

Thank you

Guest NEO-X
H.A.V.0.C ]

No actually my aunt sent it it to me and I thought it was informative. You OBVIOUSLY must not be a parent.

Indeed... good post Havoc

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Well there are APCers that I thought don't visit this site but do vist the APC site. If You don't like it and its has the same title as on the APC boards, then why do you even open the link? There is a button at the bottom of your page, that say's mark as read.

Yes I was unaware also, I have my 5yr old daughter and 7yr old son use it all the time out at the campsite. I always try to watch them, but they are smart and know what it is used for so they just use it.

By the hand sanitizer is a great way for getting the fish smell off your hands. ;)

How much hand sanitizer do they have to lick to get their blood alcohol level up to 85%..?

which she should've died long before that level.. (i got tested at .24, and was pretty trashed... 85% is DEAD.!) NO ONE can survive having their Blood alcohol Level at 85%. (so unless she died, it is false)

Its still a good heads up, but honestly i doubt their is much of a concern unless a child opens the bottle, & starts chugging.. (which in that case it could be a bottle of anything that could/would kill them much faster.) licking their skin just isn't possible to reach .08 which is the legal limit, much less 85%.!!

Maybe it was .85 or 8.5...I don't think someone is going to make something like this up about their own child chili...Could be a mistype, or something just as minor. The issue however could be entirely real...Who cares about the numbers, it is the result we need to be knowledgable of.

.85% would still be WAYYYY too much for a child of 4...even .085 is entirely too high for a child that only weighs maybe 40 lbs.

No absolutely i agree.. im just saying as it is told it has to be wrong, or false.

But then again there are so many things exactly like this that get posted..

Its like the news, things happen everyday that are harmful, but once the news reports it all of a sudden it is a big deal. (i hate the news, they just try to make everything sound like it is the new epidemic)

Guest H.A.V.0.C
A420KING ]

Holy Shit! Sorry to hear that you ad to learn the leson for us all...But thank you very much for the heads up...I have a 5 year old girl and a six month old girl, it will be something i am careful of now.

Naw bro, I only got the E-mail from my aunt, who probably got it from a friend and so on and so on.....But I can see the way I wrote it looked like I was involved. Sorry for the confusion but thanks for the concern. ;)

To be at a .85% a person that weights 175lbs would have to drink 20 shots of 101 proof liquor in under 1 hour. If you are not dead... You are most likely in a comma, will have organ failure, severe brain damage and if not supervised will most likely drown in your own vomit soon.

Just a fun fact from good ole Uncle :D

Now a .085 thats like pounding 4 beers in under an hour. You will be drunk but functional at 175lbs.