I was told I cant be a Navy Seal!!! WTF hahaha

I spent time as a Marine in the MarSoc program, which is the Marines new Special Forces type of thing they have going... I wantd to be a Seal when I got out, but decided with a Wife and Kids that I would try other things.

Anyways I was on the Navy Chat talking to a Seal recruiter

Heres what happened.

[Mod 3] Hello, my name is Mod 3, how may I help you?

[Ryan] OK.... what do I do if I want to be a Navy Seal?

[Ryan] hello?

[Mod 3] Im here

[Mod 3] you will need to talk to a recruiter to see if you qualify

[Ryan] I was told here by another Mod, that since I was a prior Marine I cannot get in the Navy, and he said to try the reserves

[Ryan] I dont understand that

[Mod 3] we are not taking prior service

[Ryan] whats that mean though? for Seals or for the Navy?

[Mod 3] both

[Ryan] whys that? are you taking normal people that havent served? So your telling me that you are taking 18-20 year old kids off the street that have never been to war, seen or shot a M16A2,M4, or used and type of weapons, but not taking Marines that have been over in the sand, already weapons qualified, physically fit and have spent time in a war enviorment?

[Mod 3] yes

[Ryan] wow....that makes no sense whatsoever....how long will this be intact?

[Mod 3] no idea. when they tell us we can accept prior service then we will know

Bullcrap lol.....

You should also take ANY information you get through an online chat support feature with a grain of salt.

Typical services like that, like LivePerson and such, are used by businesses to give out the small answers...to wade through the small things so their actual company personnel can attend to the heavy lifting.

Typically, the people you are speaking with through those services do not work for the company or organization that you are attempting to get information for.

This is just a guess...I don't know if it applies here.

TOW-19 ]

Typically, the people you are speaking with through those services do not work for the company or organization that you are attempting to get information for.

What are the odds the Navy outsourced it's online support and he was chatting with some guy making $2.85 an hour in Bangladesh? ;D