Google Chrome question

So I finally downloaded it last night, and have been messing with it since. SO far I really like it. Except, I can't seem to get my auto passwords to work. I have an HP with the Protect Tool bios security manager. For whatever reason, it never pops up with which log in to use, like it does with IE. This is the same issue that made me abandon Firefox too.

Any help?

BigMoneyNacku ]
TOW-19 ]

You've already begun to help yourself....you got yo angry ass away from IE.

LOL. I'll be going right back to that shit, if I can't get this resolved.

What is it about IE that people dont like..?

I know some people just think its cool to like the alternative, but in this case, IE seems to be the best in every way, it works everywhere, most sites are built to work perfectly with IE. I mean why bother with something else.?

Is it just to support the little guy, because someone has to.? (much why i hardly ever vote for Rep, or Dem. ;D)

I have tried others because i got caught up in the hype, but ultimately always come back to IE because some sites dont work right, or password issues, favorite/links issues, etc.

Also while on the subject, whats up with 64bit versions..?

I have Vista 64bit, but i dont see anything different except flash players seem to have trouble, so i just use the normal 32 bit version. (Actually not sure, is the normal one 32bit.!?)

PS. did i miss something.. whats up with your name Tow.?

Chili-Palmer ]

PS. did i miss something.. whats up with your name Tow.?

New name.

Ditched "o-Undertow-o" and opted for a new one.

I was itching for some time to change names (for some master account purposes on my PSN as well), and was going to go drastically different, but the boys in my band let me know that no matter what I picked, a large majority of them were just gonna keep callin' me "Tow" anyway. Curse for having the same name for 7 years.

So I compromised and just went with a shorter version. ;)

New name...same jackhole....

As for your IE question...everyone has their preferences...but on a developer-level, IE just blows. Always rendering sites incorrectly and has so many outdated versions (IE6, IE7, IE8, etc) that very many sites will "look" different on different versions of IE because they don't want to develop for so many versions.

You can optimize a site for Chrome, Firefox, Safari...but when it comes to IE, it's not just IE. It's versions and versions of it, and that's why it sucks. ;)

Well I really like that Chrome is much faster. Firefox is faster too, but if I can't get the passwords to work, I'm going back to IE as my main browser. It just sucks that all these other browsers don't take shit like that into consideration.

All of them have their pros and cons. I love the speed of chrome when it comes to browsing. I hate the speed of chrome when it comes to downloading. It seems once I start a download or two, the browser really slows down. Firefox in general is a bit slower than Chrome, but it doesn't seem to slow down at all when it comes to downloading. If I get online with the purpose of downloading, I will fire up FF, but if I will just be browsing, I will fire up Chrome. I also don't seem to have any problems with passwords on either Chrome or FF. They both save my passwords.

As Tow mentioned, IE on a developer level is just horrible. As a developer, you build sites on FF and you then have to go back and put in IE hacks in your code in order for it to show correctly on IE. It's a hassle and a burden. Unfortunately, the computer industry is dominated by Microsoft, which ship their computers with IE already installed. For this reason alone, IE is still the leading browser and therefore developers must design according to IE's standards as well. CSS 3 has been out for some time now and is supported by all major browsers, except IE. IE 9 which will release sometime this year will finally support something that is already supported by all major browsers. This is why IE lacks is so many ways. A developer can't use CSS3 to build a site yet, because it will only work on other browsers and in order to make it work with IE, he would have to create a separate stylesheet with hacks and fixes just so that it will show up the same on IE.

That's just looking at it from a developer's standpoint. From a user standpoint, it doesn't really matter what browser you use. In the end, they all do the same. If you are not a developer, you don't know what happens in the background and therefore it becomes easy to assume that one browser is better than the other just based on personal usage experience.

I'll tell you one thing though, if IE was excluded from PCs and users would have to manually pick and download a browser, IE would go down the drain quick.

Nikastylez ]

I'll tell you one thing though, if IE was excluded from PCs and users would have to manually pick and download a browser, IE would go down the drain quick.

I still doubt that.. it would take a HUGE hit, but not go down the drain or even be taken out of the top spot. Think of all the people who know nothing else.? (and the people who do, already use something else)

It's too much of a household name. Millions of people who use computers don't even know what "Browser" means. lol